Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Trams are back from their covid sabbatical!

I forgot how awkward and brutal these old Chance Sunliner trams are to get in and out of... Maybe sometime in the future Busch will replace them with the newer Chance Sunliner II trams or Chance Tramstar HD/LFT. The North Carolina Zoo has the Tramstar HDs and those low floor trams are so nice. Plus they are handicap/wheelchair accessible.

Attachments

• nc_zoo_tram.jpg
    nc_zoo_tram.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
Trams are back from their covid sabbatical!

I forgot how awkward and brutal these old Chance Sunliner trams are to get in and out of... Maybe sometime in the future Busch will replace them with the newer Chance Sunliner II trams or Chance Tramstar HD/LFT. The North Carolina Zoo has the Tramstar HDs and those low floor trams are so nice. Plus they are handicap/wheelchair accessible.
I have noticed that to be a big issue recently with trams… parking is directing people with scooters and wheelchairs to tram access lots, when they should be directed to England and France. Agree about the new trams though… I’ve been told that trams is pretty much the last department in the arrival part of the guest experience to receive new items. Those tram stop covers now are the most recent additions, and that was like 3/4 years ago.

Personally, I’ve thought that they should have 4 or 5 car trams to increase throughout, but that would require redoing the entire tram stop. Same goes if they were trying to get new trams… would require redoing the tram stop lines. I think they could make one car like the caboose on the green train we’re the bench goes around the entire car and there’s an access point in the middle. They could easily make that the 4th car because you just have to go a little way down. Would be reserved only for wheelchairs/scooters. Strollers would use existing rows unless the 4th car wasn’t occupied after stopping at Italy/Ireland.

The new tram idea is more likely though. I think they could do with the Trams International model 6000, which is what BGT has. Trams International also offers an electric version of BGW wanted to reduce propane costs.

In any instance, they’ll have to redo the tram stops to ensure that they can load/unload for the new trams. They also need to repave the tram roads before they get new trams. Just doing that will make the tram ride better.

To the person who asked about the blue trams- from what one of the employees told me, it appears the blue ones were not being used at BGW, originally, I think they said they came from BGT. Personally I feel they could’ve come from SWO, as they have a road that runs along the entire front of the parking lots separated by a median and a big covered area is next to the park entrance.

Has anyone seen the tram spielers being as nice as they were way back in the Old Country days?

Personally, I’ve thought that they should have 4 or 5 car trams to increase throughout, but that would require redoing the entire tram stop. Same goes if they were trying to get new trams… would require redoing the tram stop lines. I think they could make one car like the caboose on the green train we’re the bench goes around the entire car and there’s an access point in the middle. They could easily make that the 4th car because you just have to go a little way down. Would be reserved only for wheelchairs/scooters. Strollers would use existing rows unless the 4th car wasn’t occupied after stopping at Italy/Ireland.
Interesting you should mention that... Hersheypark has the same Sunliner trams, but they run them in 4 car trains instead of 3. Additionally, the first car of each tram has a wheelchair lift. Not sure if HP added the lifts by themselves, but it is possible if BGW wanted to do that.

Attachments

• hpt3.jpg
    hpt3.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 33
  • hpt2.jpg
    hpt2.jpg
    822.6 KB · Views: 33
  • hpt1.jpg
    hpt1.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 33
Interesting you should mention that... Hersheypark has the same Sunliner trams, but they run them in 4 car trains instead of 3. Additionally, the first car of each tram has a wheelchair lift. Not sure if HP added the lifts by themselves, but it is possible if BGW wanted to do that.
Yes please, lol. I wouldn’t mind if bgw would add their coaster tree logo to the trams, but I feel if they did that they would repaint said trams.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad