Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I think what I’m going to say I want is really different:

I want an “action sports” area. A wave generator to surf on, “the blob” to jump on, a white water rafting course, a kayak course.

Reactions: jornor
Aren't those upcharge attractions in most parks? If, they're free I'm all for it. I'm not so hyped about something they'll be charging extra for.

The Rampage/Wild Thang area has been completely fenced off with wood fence (I’m trying to attach a picture but the sever isn’t liking me today!). Kevin also briefly mentioned “more attractions coming” during the Cutback ribbon cutting. Maybe there’s a connection?
Maybe we need to go digging through York county records. I will say it makes sense. SEAS in general is in a period of expansion company wide. Aquatica has gotten slides in back to back years so it definitely seems possible that WCUSA could be building some new stuff.

Maybe we need to go digging through York county records. I will say it makes sense. SEAS in general is in a period of expansion company wide. Aquatica has gotten slides in back to back years so it definitely seems possible that WCUSA could be building some new stuff.

@BGWnut yeah.. I've tried. York county doesn't have their records available on a website. It's like the stone ages .

Someone light up the zacsignal so @Zachary can come enlighten us

Reactions: jornor and BGWnut
When I went last Sunday wild thang and rampage weren't running.

It's possible they're just having issues and need maintenance.

Possible but both of those rides have some ridiculous downtime. Also as I understand rampage is rather expensive to maintain because the company that built it no longer exists so every raft had to be custom made whenever they need new ones. That kind of thing is normally a sign that a ride is nearing it's end of life.

Possible but both of those rides have some ridiculous downtime. Also as I understand rampage is rather expensive to maintain because the company that built it no longer exists so every raft had to be custom made whenever they need new ones. That kind of thing is normally a sign that a ride is nearing it's end of life.

Two things about that side of the park.

One: casual guests might not even know that wing of the park exists. When you enter the park, the immediate focal point is, of course, colossal curl; but then everything draws you straight ahead (the giant wave pool) or off to the right (the shops and all the rest of the slides). I regularly notice the wild thang/rampage area generally has far less traffic even if the park is jam packed.

Two: that wing dead ends and only has two attractions.

As such, it is my opinion that expansion in this area makes sense. Personally, I'd like to see them loop the wing back to the wave pool and have at least two additional slides (maybe two slides from the same tower or something)

I still like both those rides, especially Wild Thang (Amazon), but they are old. I would still rather see new rides not require the lose of old though. Especially since I doubt they would repurpose anything there.

Wetlands or steep hills could be the problem. I don't believe that area was in the approved expansion plan from a while back.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad