Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 7, 2011
I was just told by a friend of mine that Water Country has put an application through the York County planning office for a major expansion. I have looked and can not find the application on the County website, but was told the hearing may be next month.

Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville
I'll join. lol.

But really. Why would Busch build a resort at a park that is closed just as much as it is open?

It'll go at Busch if it goes any where.

Sep 8, 2010
Charlottesville
Meh, I just don't think it would work being at Wc. If it was possible to have a monorail or something of the sort directly to BGW, then possibly. But the interstate prevents that. Busch has land it can use. Sure wc has more, but it just wouldn't work.

Apr 29, 2011
http://www.dailypress.com/news/williamsburg/dp-gaz-water-country-expands-20111011,0,257714.story

By Amanda Kerr
The Virginia Gazette
8:25 a.m. EDT, October 11, 2011

YORK— Water Country USA is looking to double its footprint of attractions, but details are slim.

The Planning Commission will review an application to amend the master plan to expand the park. The original plan approved in 1996 encompassed 163 acres. The park later grew to 222 acres.

The original master plan allowed for the addition of 37 acres of attractions to the park. Attractions currently span 41 acres. The new plan would add another 43 acres of attractions.

The plan also includes restrictions and guidelines on buffers, setbacks from nearby streams and other properties, as well as guidelines for stormwater management.

Planning documents and documents submitted by the park do not elaborate on how quickly the expansion might happen or what kinds of new attractions or facilities might be added.

Want to go? The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, in York Hall at 301 Main St. in Yorktown.

Sep 23, 2009
Blackstone isn't afraid to make investments and from what I've been hearing from reliable sources, they are going to be changing the face of the southeast Virginia tourism industry. Not exaggerating.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Thats really exciting. I foresee Busch Gardens and Water Country making massive changes in the coming years. Good changes I think.[/align]

Jul 28, 2011
nice... although i would like to see a proslide rocket, or a water roller coaster like roller soaker http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/detail.php?q=yes&id=75

Mar 30, 2010
I'd love to get a Tassie's Twisters sort of ride, although that ride seems like it could have really long lines. I got stuck on the funnel for quite some time. Also, if they're expanding they need to throw in a water coaster, and if they're super ambitious let's put a Journey to Atlantis style ride in there while we're at it. One awesome thing I saw at Aquatica, was a whole sandy area by the wave pool. Coolest thing for a water park.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Water Country USA's Master Plan for the next decade or so: http://bgwfans.com/?p=1329

PS: Sorry if the post is terrible, it's 1:30 in the morning.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad