Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So after visiting busch gardens today, i have a quick update. There was a band playing at the Happy Dutchman that failed to show up on BGW's website. Also, by 5:00pm., not a single rollercoaster had anyone in the que and the park was literally a ghost town.

Attachments

• 20160320_172653.jpg
    20160320_172653.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20160320_165214.jpg
    20160320_165214.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
It was definitely a light crowd but it was cold, at times gusty and also rainy so I wouldn't put too much into it. If it was as dead as that with 80 degree sunny weather I would be a bit more concerned.

Reactions: jornor
Of course there were no lines today it was miserably cold, rainy, and had some of the worst wind drafts I've ever felt at BG.

Reactions: 1ManWolfpack
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)

Eric said:
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)

I was too - my girlfriend wanted to leave around 4:45 or so however :(

Hahaha. Yeah, the Griffon was rough today. Felt like sheets of ice flying past your face.

Reactions: Eric
Thomas said:
Nothing beats Apollo in the cold[sub]1[/sub]. The trims were off the mid course brakes were barely on for PMPD.

1. at BGW

The brakes were barely on yesterday for Apollos?

jornor said:
Thomas said:
Nothing beats Apollo in the cold[sub]1[/sub]. The trims were off the mid course brakes were barely on for PMPD.

1. at BGW

i think the heavier the train is the more the brakes hits, i dudnt even feel the brakes today. On a side note, i saw how much the empty cars in front of me rattled during the helix.

Eric said:
jornor said:
Thomas said:

1. at BGW

i think the heavier the train is the more the brakes hits, i dudnt even feel the brakes today. On a side note, i saw how much the empty cars in front of me rattled during the helix.

Ohhh okay, makes sense. Thanks man.

jornor said:
Eric said:

Hahaha. Yeah, the Griffon was rough today. Felt like sheets of ice flying past your face.

Alpengeist was the worse for me there was one part where I was in tears to the point were I couldn't see

The Hessian said:
jornor said:
Eric said:

Alpengeist was the worse for me there was one part where I was in tears to the point were I couldn't see

Didn't even try to face Alpie yesterday.

jornor said:
The Hessian said:
jornor said:
Eric said:

Didn't even try to face Alpie yesterday.

I rode every roller coaster in the park (including Grover :p), and rode first row on Alpengeist.

All I can say is that it felt just like skiing- sans snow and the warmth of a jacket

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad