Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 18, 2015
889
1,357
210
Orlando fl.
So after visiting busch gardens today, i have a quick update. There was a band playing at the Happy Dutchman that failed to show up on BGW's website. Also, by 5:00pm., not a single rollercoaster had anyone in the que and the park was literally a ghost town.
 

Attachments

  • 20160320_172653.jpg
    20160320_172653.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20160320_165214.jpg
    20160320_165214.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Mar 20, 2016
6
12
20
Wake Forest, NC
It was definitely a light crowd but it was cold, at times gusty and also rainy so I wouldn't put too much into it. If it was as dead as that with 80 degree sunny weather I would be a bit more concerned.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Feb 6, 2016
561
591
210
Of course there were no lines today it was miserably cold, rainy, and had some of the worst wind drafts I've ever felt at BG.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1ManWolfpack
Jul 18, 2015
889
1,357
210
Orlando fl.
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Feb 6, 2016
561
591
210
Eric said:
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)

I was too - my girlfriend wanted to leave around 4:45 or so however :(

Hahaha. Yeah, the Griffon was rough today. Felt like sheets of ice flying past your face.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eric
Feb 6, 2016
561
591
210
Thomas said:
Nothing beats Apollo in the cold[sub]1[/sub]. The trims were off the mid course brakes were barely on for PMPD.




1. at BGW

The brakes were barely on yesterday for Apollos?
 
Jul 18, 2015
889
1,357
210
Orlando fl.
jornor said:
Thomas said:
Nothing beats Apollo in the cold[sub]1[/sub]. The trims were off the mid course brakes were barely on for PMPD.




1. at BGW

The brakes were barely on yesterday for Apollos?
i think the heavier the train is the more the brakes hits, i dudnt even feel the brakes today. On a side note, i saw how much the empty cars in front of me rattled during the helix.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Feb 6, 2016
561
591
210
Eric said:
jornor said:
Thomas said:
Nothing beats Apollo in the cold[sub]1[/sub]. The trims were off the mid course brakes were barely on for PMPD.




1. at BGW

The brakes were barely on yesterday for Apollos?
i think the heavier the train is the more the brakes hits, i dudnt even feel the brakes today. On a side note, i saw how much the empty cars in front of me rattled during the helix.

Ohhh okay, makes sense. Thanks man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eric

The Hessian

MSG. Co. E, Cherokee Regiment of Rifles.
Nov 30, 2015
862
715
210
Saluda, Virginia
jornor said:
Eric said:
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)

I was too - my girlfriend wanted to leave around 4:45 or so however :(

Hahaha. Yeah, the Griffon was rough today. Felt like sheets of ice flying past your face.

Alpengeist was the worse for me there was one part where I was in tears to the point were I couldn't see
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Feb 6, 2016
561
591
210
The Hessian said:
jornor said:
Eric said:
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)

I was too - my girlfriend wanted to leave around 4:45 or so however :(

Hahaha. Yeah, the Griffon was rough today. Felt like sheets of ice flying past your face.

Alpengeist was the worse for me there was one part where I was in tears to the point were I couldn't see

Didn't even try to face Alpie yesterday.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eric
Oct 3, 2015
20
40
40
jornor said:
The Hessian said:
jornor said:
Eric said:
I was kinda ok with the weather. The only bad part is when your going 70mph on a coaster in that weather and not veing able to feel your face afterwards or when people try to waste their quarters on trying to target the only person on pompeii(me) with the soakers. :)

I was too - my girlfriend wanted to leave around 4:45 or so however :(

Hahaha. Yeah, the Griffon was rough today. Felt like sheets of ice flying past your face.

Alpengeist was the worse for me there was one part where I was in tears to the point were I couldn't see

Didn't even try to face Alpie yesterday.

I rode every roller coaster in the park (including Grover :p), and rode first row on Alpengeist.

All I can say is that it felt just like skiing- sans snow and the warmth of a jacket
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad