Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Who knows, maybe they will. I would love for "All The Folks in Germany" numbers cut and replaced with more traditional German songs to fit the theme of the entire show and find a wonderful actor to play a Burgermeister. But I doubt those things will happen.

But yeah, I highly agree with you that OktoberZest is the best show to grace Das Festhaus since This is Oktoberfest. It's that delicate balance of old and new that sets it apart from the other shows currently in the park. In fact OktoberZest 2018 helped me be less bitter about All For One's removal during the entire season so that was good.

I found this video of German folk and drinking songs and honestly "Bier Her" and "Ca, Ca Geschmauset" would be perfect songs to replace "All The Folks in Germany".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I never thought about how they don't play Bier Hier in Oktoberzest. It's hardly an Oktoberfest show without it. I never thought of Ca, Ca Geschmauset as a drinking song, though, but I guess it could be. German drinking songs usually say "drinK or "trink" more than once, though.

I would love to hear more songs with German singing, but it's hard for some American singers, due to the way Germans annunciate everything. I think the possibilities are endless if they focus more on Bavarian folk tunes over Oktoberfest music, but I prefer OZ to stick to the theme.

Reactions: Lord Robert
I found this video of German folk and drinking songs and honestly "Bier Her" and "Ca, Ca Geschmauset" would be perfect songs to replace "All The Folks in Germany".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But then how would we know what all the folks in Germany say? We need the educational portion! We've already lost out on Country Roads! ?

I never thought about how they don't play Bier Hier in Oktoberzest. It's hardly an Oktoberfest show without it. I never thought of Ca, Ca Geschmauset as a drinking song, though, but I guess it could be. German drinking songs usually say "drinK or "trink" more than once, though.

I would love to hear more songs with German singing, but it's hard for some American singers, due to the way Germans annunciate everything. I think the possibilities are endless if they focus more on Bavarian folk tunes over Oktoberfest music, but I prefer OZ to stick to the theme.

Hmm, that's true. If OktoberZest needs to stick to that theme then I don't see anything wrong with that, but it would be pretty cool if the show tackled German songs that not even This is Oktoberfest! used before. But I'm so annoyed with "All The Folks in Germany" at this point despite the cast doing such a great job with it.

Sounds like it, but when they were doing winter weekends last year they were using that stage and they had already set the stage back up for Oktoberzest so… we shall see.
I think the new setup is permanent, with just seasonal panels.

I wonder what the next show will be like, since OktoberZest is probably not coming back this year.

Bummer. I was hoping they’d make the Oompah Band the full-time show for the Festhaus. That show’s simplicity is what makes it so enjoyable: it’s a fun, energetic, straight-up German song and dance show that puts the full emphasis on the music and the performers. It doesn’t have the mediocre and unnecessary “production value” bells and whistles of OktoberZest.

Strange too, because the Oompah Band is probably a lot cheaper to produce and perform, which you’d think BGW would be all over with their hyper cost-cutting mindset these days.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad