Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would turn it around. My guess is, it could become like the photos at Alpengiest, a game or they could just take out a wall on the side closest to the pathway and build a wall where the photo counter was, that way it would technically face the pathway.

However, the most reasonable would be to get rid of the building all together. It is specially placed and designed for photos. Now, I can see bathrooms but has anyone checked public records lately? There is nothing about anything regarding Pompeii for 2012. If they were to move it they would have had to put a request into the planning commission. I don't think taking it down would require permits, or making small changes to the inside such as wall replacements, or even just boarding it up and keeping it only for theme.

The reason why there is no bathroom at Pompeii because one is at the sables and I'm also in agreement with you that they're should be a snack stand in or around Pompeii. But, they want you to go to a major area to get a snack. I also like to see them use one of the current retail location that is already there to sell soda/water and basic snacks.

Having a bathroom at the stables is no excuse, if you are in an area anywhere by the end of the drop on Pompeii (where the boats turn to dock) all the way to the Festa Bridge, there are no bathrooms close by you. You are only close to the Scotland bathrooms if you are by the entrance to Sesame or closer. Putting a bathroom next to the Pompeii gift shop would be a smart idea, plus if they had extended the gift shop to include a small snack stand, that would be good to. That way the area isn't so barren as far as what things are there. It can be a pretty busy spot.

EDIT: I made a few grammar edits and added a few things, I started to read it and was like, hold on this sounds funny.

Also, keep in mind since most guests go around the park counter clockwise, they end up in Italy by the end of the day and people usually past by Pompeii on their way out. During Illuminights, I noticed that was one of the most popular ways out of the park.

Reactions: Zachary
I'd also like to point out the lack of beer sales between Sesame Street FoF to Italy or the back of Festa.

Well yes, but I meant it is barren of things to do, such a huge portion of pathway with no stores, snack shops, restrooms, etc. with the exception of Pompeii and its gift shop, which can become such a crowded place with nothing for people to do along the pathway. Except gawk at Pompeii and its glory.

From what I understand, the building will remain as is. With a possibility of resuming use for photos after entering peak season.

^^Interesting. The park may still be trying to cash in on a little extra money, but I am sure during the peak season they actually do make some profit from there.

In all honesty, I have never seen someone buy a photo at Pompeii. I myself have purchased a photo at Apollo's and have seen buyers at Loch Ness and griffon and even Le Scoot, but never Pompeii.

jackelope17 said:
In all honesty, I have never seen someone buy a photo at Pompeii. I myself have purchased a photo at Apollo's and have seen buyers at Loch Ness and griffon and even Le Scoot, but never Pompeii.

That's because you get a picture of you--plus the other twenty strangers in the boat--when you buy the picture. They might as well have a picture of you and everyone else in the entire Globe Theatre and call "Globe Theatre Photos" :p

I agree with you and wouldn't want my photo with other people in the same shot.

It's a smart move for them to remove the photo, since its not making any money and makes no since to take photos if they can't sell them.

I am wondering if they moved the camera system to Verbolden, since it would be needed there.

Verbolten will probably have its own camera system. Remember, they have on board equipment, that I'm not sure would match well with Pompeii's system. I would think Pompeii's system is still at Pompeii but in use only during peak days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad