Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 16, 2017
the park's facebook page made a post promoting 2019 and their memberships but also added the very specific phrase "NEW Summer Shows"

others mentioned britmania not being on the website, so thats likely one of the new shows for the summer, the other question is how many new shows and where are they going to be at?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 9.46.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 9.46.29 PM.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 0
Watch them just be alluding to some other new act coming in like Light Balance.

I'd love if they replaced Britmania though.

Reactions: Mamunia
I hope in the future that the Globe Theater does a 30 minute musical about William Shakespeare that's designed well and highly entertaining. It could fit in perfectly with Christmas Town's Scrooge No More.

Maybe a replacement for Spark as well?

I'm deeply hoping for this. The Lazer lights were cool and the giant display screen was interesting, but it just felt like a complex Coca~Cola advertisement. I saw all I needed after about 8 minutes of it. It's the only Busch Gardens show I've ever walked out of and I'm extremely easy to please and keep entertained.

My kids were thrilled with Spark, and I have to admit I was pretty surprised by it as well.

I don't imagine I would have been as enthused if I weren't looking for family-oriented evening fare. But we really enjoyed it for what it was.

Maybe it was the kid bubble pit that put it over the top, but the notion of a child rave was rather entertaining. I'd go see it again.

If they make some changes to Spark they better be ones that improve the show. For as it is right now, it's just a painfully average show at best that doesn't utilize the Royal Palace Theater all that well in comparison to it's predecessor All For One.

Reactions: Alf33
By the end of a show, parts of the theater were mildly slicked with the copious volumes of inflated bubble juice that descended from overhead during the program. I avoided touching any seating on the way out for that reason.

A great many kids would be happy to see the entire park coated in glorious foam. I feel it's best to maintain its limited but high-visibility presence at the front corner of the theatre, below the pedestal where they stage the MC's make-believe panel.

I'd still go see it again. Last time we visited, we caught the show on a whim because we were walking past RPT when people were walking in; exited just in time to watch the fireworks over by Griffon; and then caught the final Light Balance show of the season on the way to the gate. The 1-2-3 combo was one of my best ever evenings in the park. I'm seriously down for engineered light displays of almost any kind.

Reactions: Lord Robert
I wish they were able to get a real act for the summer concerts. I know a lot of the groups they get are popular but I feel like they are either teen idols or washups. Then again, Smashing Pumpkins are probably considered washed-up but I'd be excited for that show.

Reactions: Mamunia
I did forget to mention on here that Britmania isn't returning this year and will be replaced with a new show this year.

• Wow
Reactions: belsaas
There was a member on here who was told near the end of the 2018 season; that the Globe Theater is going through a second makeover in order to become a traditional flat stage to make the shows easier. Which could also mean that the projection set is either getting changed or taken out for actual set designs.

I would be interested if it's a another new British Pop music show (with a better songlist) or a show themed to William Shakespeare. Either of those would interest me.

renovating the stage doesn't necessarily equate to new everything. the wings and such could all stay relatively untouched, but likely slightly altered to be level with the flooring.

the projection mapping is likely staying the same, as for MSoRR and SNM, they will likely be updated to reflect any major changes if need be.

the park seriously has issues with british shows, actually i doubt that BGW can make a decent show anymore, their last good show they out out was Celtic Fyre, since then every new show has really been awful, AFO being the exception as it wasn't awful, just the audio was awful for the most part.

Reactions: Mushroom
Sure that can be what's really going on but it's kind of fun to speculate about stuff like this.

Reactions: Ice
So today I looked at the website and now it seems that Mix it Up! might be gone as well. Maybe it's a slight glitch and the show will be back on there, or just like Britmania, it's being replaced with a new show for 2019.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad