Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Who do you guys think they’ll name to replace Marc Swanson in 5 months?

Looks like some fans are working together to kick Ross off the board.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/cor...0200407-rmk3fveihvemlinyecdayal2bm-story.html

As much as I dislike Ross, I feel like this message was very tactless. Rather than rightly calling out Ross’s alleged abuse of authority and micromanagement of the CEO, it focuses on blasting him for the company’s decision to furlough employees and cut wages during the pandemic. Instead of giving investors a compelling reason to dismiss Ross because of his contribution to the company’s instability, it attacks him on moral grounds for a decision that was likely necessary to keep the company afloat and that Ross probably didn’t even make.

I just feel like this was a huge waste of potential that won’t convince the investors to do anything - investors seem to be among the LAST group who would be upset by a cost-cutting decision. If anything, it mischaracterizes the fight to remove him as being led by a bunch of whiny, bleeding-heart fans, no matter how good their intentions are.

Last edited:
I agree with @Joe completely. As a fan of the SEAS parks, I think this letter is an embarrassment.

They do a ton of handwave-y “this guy is bad” but really never make anything approaching a case as to why that is. It just sounds like the rantings and ramblings of someone who is pretending to be far more important and far more knowledgeable than they actually are.

I agree that the letter is gonna do next to nothing, but at least they are putting his name into the light a little bit so he knows his actions within the company are eligible to face public scrutiny. If I was a board member, I'd be a little nervous at least knowing the things the board has done is being put in the limelight. Just my $0.02

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad