Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Mix It Up

I actually like the show, it's entertaining and has a good flow. I'll admit it has absolutely nothing to do with Italy but at least it's a show. The way things have been going with the shows and entertainment we should be thankful they don't just set up a movie screen and show silent movies.

The amount of money they spent producing that show, had they left out all the ridiculous props and focused more on the music and telling a coherent story to flow along with the music, the dancing and the art It couldve been something amazing. Instead they decided to wave oversized utensils and plastic submarine sandwiches around while playing unimpressive music.

I will say the musicians are fairly good, but the dancers....

The blonde girl dancer annoys me soooo much. But I still really like the show

The soup-making bit left me feeling like I was watching the Wiggles.

There was a considerable amount of mugging, as if to indicate that it was supposed to be funny.

The comically large flags in the back were like watching Les Miserables for the visually impaired.

And here I was thinking that I was one of the only people who didn't like the show...

It doesn't fit the atmosphere at all and it's not visually or musically impressive. I agree with what Haberdasher said, it's "like I was watching the Wiggles."

Reactions: Haberdasher1973

Yea it's not the greatest show, but there aren't very many other choices.

Zoomy said:
Yea it's not the greatest show, but there aren't very many other choices.

The obvious choice they had was to do a better show; Festivale Italiano was a wonderful mix of Italian music from classical to modern and some very beautiful costumes....

P1330843.jpg

^THIS is a Busch Gardens show.

Festivale Italiano was a good show for what it was, but it was way too short. It was like an elaborate street show, not a full fledged stage show that that venue deserves. I was never even convinced that it had a dedicated cast. I think it had cast members from other shows that ran over there to do their thing for ten minutes then return to their other jobs.

The previous Italian themed shows and the Starlight Orchestra were fabulous shows that ran in tandem for years on that stage. I wish the park would bring back that kind of schedule and quality of entertainment.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973

gardener14 said:
...and the Starlight Orchestra were fabulous shows that ran in tandem for years on that stage. I wish the park would bring back that kind of schedule and quality of entertainment.

Agreed; there was NOTHING like dining on a breezy night while enjoying the Starlight Orchestra...

I saw this show today and will say this: it was well executed and entertaining, but I have no idea what it's about, why it looks the way it looks, and most importantly, WHAT IT HAS TO DO WITH ITALY.

doctormoneymd said:
I saw this show today and will say this: it was well executed and entertaining, but I have no idea what it's about, why it looks the way it looks, and most importantly, WHAT IT HAS TO DO WITH ITALY.

Agreed: the performers are doing their best with what they were given. And this show is to Italy what Pirates, Haunted Lighthouse & Lights, Camera, Imagination are to the UK...

Does anyone know the song played right before the show starts? It goes "I love...... You." then the waiter and trumpet player walks out. It sounds like Sinatra.

Is Mix It Up returning for 2012? I don't see it in the brochure.

Perhaps not, it has some performers in it that are no longer at the park. When was it introduced? I would give it 3 years, that seems kind of standard for most shows, but so far they only have one new major show.

EDIT: Their new site doesn't show the Festhaus show, the one being replaced; yet it still shows Mix It Up. I think we can expect to see it return.

Yeah, like I said, shows usually run at least 3 years, plus Mix It Up was a huge hit with the general public.

I loved the show, just didn't see it on the brochure so I asked..

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad