Undoubtedly. It’s 42 years old, certainly hasn’t been maintained properly, is heavily dependent on its terrain, and much like Superman at SFA, it’s on a scale never before relocated.I think Dragon Mountain is a goner
Undoubtedly. It’s 42 years old, certainly hasn’t been maintained properly, is heavily dependent on its terrain, and much like Superman at SFA, it’s on a scale never before relocated.I think Dragon Mountain is a goner
From the article:I’ve seen some rumors that one or two of the belugas may end up at Mystic Aquarium to add to the family there.
Mystic would be awesome for them. They take such good care of the family they have and are so educational about what they do. I’m pulling for them to add to the family. I can see Georgia being a good landing spot too due to the size of the tanks they have.From the article:
"The sources say Marineland is in discussions to send the whales and dolphins to four different institutions in the United States: SeaWorld, Georgia Aquarium, Shedd Aquarium and Mystic Aquarium. Veterinarians from all four institutions were at Marineland last week checking on the belugas and dolphins, the sources say."
The last pitch was to export the entire pack to Chimelong, which was seen as a Chinese theme park that would continue using them for show. My gut is that they're going to let this one go through as even though the pack will be split up it's the best option on the table. Funding and indefinite care are no longer options, and Marineland's submission came with a warning that they had a plan in place to euthanize the animals if it wasn't approved by an unknown deadline. They're running out of money and the whales need to be gone before they can proceed with land sales.Thank goodness. Literally anything to get the belugas out of the current situation.
Any reporting on whether or not the government will try to block it again?
Undoubtedly. It’s 42 years old, certainly hasn’t been maintained properly, is heavily dependent on its terrain, and much like Superman at SFA, it’s on a scale never before relocated.
Oh man, the thought of that ride at Cedar Point disgusts me, but this is hilarious. Great job @northdetective. Can you make a wild moose track alignment??I am CACKLING. This is beautiful.
Why wouldn't Cedar Point want the World's Largest Roller Coaster By Land Area? Just kill Rogarou, Iron Dragon and modify Millenium Force. This is a genius plan, I see nothing wrong here whatsoever.
View attachment 44215
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.