Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
BGW essentially shuts down during rain in the other three seasons. Don't know why it would be different in the winter?
I mean Friday coming up is kinda unique in the fact that it won’t be 20 degrees out for once. If anything they gonna have everything open regardless of the rain.

It was delayed a few days because we didn't want it to get runover by the SEAS + FUN news, but here's the review @Nicole finished drafting earlier this week!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Wow. $9 for two whole crawfish a potato and half an ear of corn? that is ludicrous.

Reactions: Nibbins
Wow. $9 for two whole crawfish a potato and half an ear of corn? that is ludicrous.

If they were good our feelings might be more charitable but.... They were not good.

Oh! Sidenote. Could someone who is going to BGW this weekend grab us a photo of the Das Edelweiss menu? I need to add prices for that booth to the article! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
If they were good our feelings might be more charitable but.... They were not good.

Oh! Sidenote. Could someone who is going to BGW this weekend grab us a photo of the Das Edelweiss menu? I need to add prices for that booth to the article! Thanks in advance!
Got ya covered!

• Love
Reactions: belsaas and Zachary
I too was already getting ready to head to the park, I would rather be wet but not frozen today than what tomorrow and Sunday will be. Guess I can put my umbrella back in the closet.

Yeah I have no problem with the decision to close but honestly the forecast hasn't changed much in the last 3 days therevwas no reason to wait till 2 hours before opening to make this call.

Just went to Wunderground. It is currently 69 degrees and looking at the radar I'm not sure there is going to be the torrential rain they are forecasting.

• Love
Reactions: belsaas
Yea, they were saying heavy rain where I am by 2pm, its currently partly sunny and the roads and sidewalk are dry and im only 30 minutes from the park.

The status about 15 minutes from the park. No rain yet but it's trying awfully hard. Also I drove past the park on my way home and can report security was having to turn several guest away at the toll plaza a little before 3. The call was reasonable the time frame was not in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20220204_152906.jpg
    20220204_152906.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Well so far up here there is no reason for the park to be closed.
It did start pouring around 630-7 at my house. In addition last Friday was extremely bad for the park with the lowest attendance number they have had in over a year the weather was definitely questionable enough for them to decide that it wasn't worth it to open and run a repeat.

I originally intended on attending this event for a weekend, But it’s definitely not worth the risk and the expense of travel as much as they’ve canceled this event. I’m not going to travel all that way to sit in a hotel room. These last minute cancellations have absolutely no concern for customers .

How can they keep anyone employed? Do people want a job where one cannot count on working scheduled hours?

Last edited:
Look, I'm going to be frank here: I think you people are being ridiculous. All you have to do is look at the weather forecast. If the forecast calls for a ton of precipitation, you don't want to go to the park. Why? Nothing will be open and they may very well close since no one but you is going to be there. It's just that simple.

Should BGW have called today earlier? For sure. Trying to use this as some enormous condemnation of year-round operations, the current state of BGW, or the events their putting on is just ludicrous though. I decided against going to the park today like three days ago—you know, when I saw the forecast was calling for nonstop rain and I assumed the park was likely to close.

Also, this isn't a winter thing. Guess what happens during the normal season when it's forecast to pour down rain all day? Nothing opens, the park sucks, and often the park closes because no one but you showed up. Welcome to being a regional outdoor theme park? I don't know what you people want.

Last edited:
So I was around the area of the park all evening, like Colonial Williamsburg, from 3pm till about 5:30 weather was amazing....warm and dry. Around 5:30 a band of fairly heavy rain quickly moved through and temps dropped. Then it was just sprinkling till around 7:30ish when it rained. Call it what it is, the park wasnt going to make money and didnt want to pay employees. The forcast at noon was clear the rain wouldnt get here till dinner time. I guess its just frustrating to get bombarded from the park about the event this weekend a then it gets canceled again. Also to this point is they wonder why they cant get employees. If you were a team member that planned on getting 5-6 hours of pay for today and suddenly thats gone but Chicfila is paying 2 times as much per hour and dosnet close in the rain.

Anyhow, if its not to icy for them to open tomorrow maybe I will stop in and see what they have going for Mardi Gras.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad