Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
mountaineers said:
Shout out to the ladies working there today.  They made my son his favorite dessert today.  He hasn't had since the Germany candy shop closed.  We've asked there before last year and were told they couldn't specialize the orders.  Went in today and they did it for him it made his day.
That was awesome of them! Your son is too cute. He is so happy :)

I am a huge doughnut fan, in fact I usually stop at Krispy Kreme on Jefferson on the way home from Busch for a hot dozen. Anyone know why they are coming out like doughnut balls and not traditional shaped? Is that intentional? The first day or so they appeared to have a small hole but now thats even gone. Also it would be awesome if they had a mini doughnuts, nothing would be better than a basket of mini doughnuts to take on the train for a ride around the park.

WDWRLD said:
I am a huge doughnut fan, in fact I usually stop at Krispy Kreme on Jefferson on the way home from Busch for a hot dozen. Anyone know why they are coming out like doughnut balls and not traditional shaped? Is that intentional? The first day or so they appeared to have a small hole but now thats even gone. Also it would be awesome if they had a mini doughnuts, nothing would be better than a basket of mini doughnuts to take on the train for a ride around the park.
Tuesday, during Battle for Eire watch, Thomas and I talked to Busch Gardens Culinary Vice President Franz Kitenko and he said they are still "tweaking recipes." That might be why they are oddly shaped. And he said they are working on a donut sign.

Luke said:
Tuesday, during Battle for Eire watch, Thomas and I talked Busch Gardens Culinary Vice President Franz Kitenko and he said they are still "tweaking recipes." That might be why they are oddly shaped. And he said they are working on a donut sign.

They have that fancy donut machine, but are making balls of fried dough? Tweaking may not be a strong enough word.

Reactions: jornor
whanna said:
Luke said:
Tuesday, during Battle for Eire watch, Thomas and I talked Busch Gardens Culinary Vice President Franz Kitenko and he said they are still "tweaking recipes." That might be why they are oddly shaped. And he said they are working on a donut sign.

They have that fancy donut machine, but are making balls of fried dough? Tweaking may not be a strong enough word.
Well be that as it may.

warfelg said:
Out of curiosity of those worried about the shape/look:

Have any of you had the donut from Universal in the Springfield section? Look great, worst donut I’ve ever had. Looks aren’t anything.
Are you referring to the Lard Lad Doughnut? They are delicious and look as a doughnut should.

warfelg said:
I personally did not enjoy it at all. Too heavy and too much sugar.
Im pretty sure thats what they were going for, Lard Lads are suppose to be huge and over the top sweet. Same with the Duff Beer, more about creating what Homer would like.

Just stoped by to try the new doughnuts and I was pleasantly surprised with how they look today. The look like doughnuts should. They also tasted really good. My favorite was the cinnamon sugar, beyond that the rest were pretty even. Maple Bacon needs a little more candied bacon flavor. They were also as fresh as I would expect, there were a couple dried out corners but nothing to really complain about. Definitely my new end of the night park snack.

Attachments

• 617386E6-FD56-41FA-84C1-91482444DE90.jpeg
    617386E6-FD56-41FA-84C1-91482444DE90.jpeg
    712.4 KB · Views: 30
WDWRLD said:
warfelg said:
I personally did not enjoy it at all. Too heavy and too much sugar.
Im pretty sure thats what they were going for, Lard Lads are suppose to be huge and over the top sweet. Same with the Duff Beer, more about creating what Homer would like.

FWIW I'm not saying presentation doesn't matter (there's a reason for the same stuff a guy like Gordon Ramsey can charge $75 a plate that another restaurant can charge $30 for), rather the "is it good" depends on how it looks is a bit 'wrong' IMO. And this is coming from someones family who owned a bakery. Some stuff doesn't look as good as it tastes. Sometimes it's how it comes out. Sometimes it's the coloring.

When our scones looked great, they usually tasted horrible. When they looked bad, they typically were amazing. That just happens sometimes.

WDWRLD said:
Also it would be awesome if they had a mini doughnuts, nothing would be better than a basket of mini doughnuts to take on the train for a ride around the park.
I think my daughter would agree with you on this any other opinions be damned! Two of her favorite things trains and DOUGHNUTS lol warm doughnuts on a train during ct would be great :)

warfelg said:
Have any of you had the donut from Universal in the Springfield section? Look great, worst donut I’ve ever had. Looks aren’t anything.
This is quite sad. :( :( :( I would hope they would be the best ever because of the crucial role the donuts play in The Simpsons lol

Reactions: jornor and warfelg
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad