Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
So was I the only one that felt like they couldn't into the mood at Killarney? I think much like Catacombs use to do to much of BFE bled through and I just couldn't get into the house.

67686A14-4D9B-4F64-9574-9056EC4B1293.jpeg

BGW website description:

What say, Daddy-O? Word around town is that something landed in the forest right behind our favorite sock hop. Will you make it through your meal before becoming the flavor of tomorrow’s blue plate special?

Last edited:
Wasn’t very busy at Killarney’s Diner, so they were sending the guests in in groups about a minute apart.
Since we were at the front of a group I was looking forward to a bunch of good scares.
Every room we came into had all the actors standing around chatting though and then scrambling to get into position as soon as they saw us come in.

Worst Walkthrough ever!
1635471619434.jpeg

Last edited:
Wasn’t very busy at Killarney’s Diner, so they were sending the guests in in groups about a minute apart.
Since we were at the front of a group I was looking forward to a bunch of good scares.
Every room we came into had all the actors standing around chatting though and then scrambling to get into position as soon as they saw us come in.

Worst Walkthrough ever!
View attachment 24968
1635476221254.png

Reactions: Ice
I went through the house earlier in the evening than you did @Nibbins and it was kind of the same way even thought I was toward the end of the group. There were a couple of actors just kind of standing around but most were at least trying. Was fairly pleased that staffing in the house was good and staffing was real good in Witch of the Woods and Nevermore and I really liked these two. Dystopia was OK, which is always the way it seems to be. Didn't do Circo.

as stated I’m someone that doesn’t go to this, but:
It seems the scare actors get worse as the event goes on and do less during the week. Is HOS on too long with too many days, making it difficult on scare actors to keep it up the entire time?

No, the issue is that BGW scaractors receive minimal recognition, minimal reward, are given minimal incentives to do well, are provided minimal oversight, etc.

I've spoken about this before, but KD has historically employed a very robust system to reward individuals and groups for performing well every night of their event. They score actors, houses, scarezones, etc every night based on frequent evaluations throughout each night, give out awards with actual prizes and recognition, etc.

BGW, on the other hand, has long treated their casts like disposable afterthoughts.

If I remember other discussions well, this is not just HoS but park operations as a whole after AB ownership.

Scares me to think of what it may have been like if the SF COO had actually stuck around long enough to implement any lasting ideas.

Reactions: Murphy
It appears that this is a hot take here, but I actually really enjoyed Killarney Diner. It’s one of the most well done mazes in recent years, imo. That and Nevermore were the best in terms of theming this year. Witch of the woods is eh for theming. Killarney Diner was my favorite maze this year. I really enjoyed the theme, the atmosphere, and the scares. The gore level was higher than most previous years, I noticed. I think they did a great job with what they had to work with. That hallway at the end could definitely use some extra stuff, but it’s still good.

So, I really liked KillDie last year and Friday night it was my favorite maze.

It is a sophisticated house with excellent storytelling and incredibly detailed sets. I thought it was great before I took the Behind the Scenes HOS, but getting an up-close look at the sets with the lights on increased my appreciation for the creativity and thoughtfulness the park put into this attraction.

The actors were great. They were already using unique dialogue on the first night, dramatically improving storytelling. They also were incredibly interactive, even going out into the queue to start engaging the guests, before they even made it inside to see the carnage.

The atmospherics we’re great, as well. The use of music and sound was excellent. For example, the sweet songs we’re jarringly juxtaposed against the sinister environment.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad