Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Pretzel Kaiser said:
wUC3Owy.jpg

Coming 2018

As a proud owner of a 62 Ford Falcon (that sits in my garage), I'm down with the concept of a Falcon/Ranchero parade where Santa and his honeys give away presents to symbolize the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I didn't see anything at all in the press about rides. Does anyone have any idea if any will be opened?

Reactions: jornor
Consider that the best Christmas events (BGW, Dollywood, Hershey) are driven by entertainment, immersive themeing, and yes even food, which are things KD is not known for. Doubt many rides will be open, because of temp restrictions if nothing else. I went to Six Flags last Christmas and theirs was way weak compared to BGW. Seemed like a lot of people were there just to use their dining plan - which seems like a lot of trouble just to get some bad chicken fingers or pizza.

I went to the holiday event at BGW, SFA, and Dollywood last year, and I tend to disagree.

I thought the decorations at Dollywood we're fairly weak, although the one show I went to was less cheesy than the shows at BGW. Also, the food was better than CT.

I don't go to BGW for the shows at anytime during the year, and certainly not at CT. The lights, however, are beautiful.

I was pleasantly surprised by SFA, and am looking forward to going again this year. I liked that they recognized other holiday events besides Christmas. While they didn't decorate the entire park, the lights were lovely and clever. I particularly liked the ones that looked like candy canes. The ham and turkey dinner in the restaurant in the Western area was actually really good, and better than anything I had at BGW at CT.

After going to SFA's Holiday the only way I'll ever go to Christmas Town again is if they run more coasters -- although I do wonder if they'll run InvadR also. Last time I went I called them to make sure Verbolten was running, they said yes, it was not, with no coaster redundancy it's not an event for me. Frankly they could skip all the actual Xmas stuff as far as I'm concerned. BGW doesn't want me anyway I don't spend much money in the park.

Have been wondering quite a bit lately about what this event will eventually look like, especially since it is not generating additional revenue from passholders for single-day tickets or event passes the way CT does.  And I'm understanding that season long Fast Passes, season dining plans AND season FunPix will still be valid during the event.  Similar products at SEAS parks have a shorter window of use and seem to expire with park events and seasons, generating additional revenue from patrons multiple times over the year.

I'm always fascinated and track CF & SEAS revenue streams and this one is throwing me for a loop.  I'm personally predicting a lot of forced add-ons and event based inflated prices so that the in-park per capita spending increases during the event.

On another note, based on looking at Carowinds and KI's plan, I think this event will revolve around Old Virginia, Candy Apple Grove, Int'l Street and Planet Snoopy.  I could be totally wrong though:  FoF is a good candidate for to run with it being indoors and EuropaPark runs their Mack Bobsled during their Christmas event (last I was there at least).  Safari Village also has two climate controlled eateries so that could be what opens that area up.

Just checked to see what Carowinds are running...

https://www.carowinds.com/play/winterfest/attractions-rides

I think we will see a similar portfolio based on climate and ride availability.  I'm putting money on Twisted Timbers being our functioning coaster for the event as well, especially if Carowinds is running their Ricochet and TT is right next door to ours.

Loewen said:
Have been wondering quite a bit lately about what this event will eventually look like,

This doesn't show too much yet but here's a recent vlog showing Kings Island Winterfest construction update. Being that KI and KD are (layout wise) practically twins, this will be a good reference to show what KD could do for their Winterfest next season. I'm sure there'll be quite a few videos posted once KI reopens for the event.

Reactions: jornor and Loewen
Loewen said:
Have been wondering quite a bit lately about what this event will eventually look like, especially since it is not generating additional revenue from passholders for single-day tickets or event passes the way CT does.  And I'm understanding that season long Fast Passes, season dining plans AND season FunPix will still be valid during the event.  Similar products at SEAS parks have a shorter window of use and seem to expire with park events and seasons, generating additional revenue from patrons multiple times over the year.

I'm always fascinated and track CF & SEAS revenue streams and this one is throwing me for a loop.  I'm personally predicting a lot of forced add-ons and event based inflated prices so that the in-park per capita spending increases during the event.

On another note, based on looking at Carowinds and KI's plan, I think this event will revolve around Old Virginia, Candy Apple Grove, Int'l Street and Planet Snoopy.  I could be totally wrong though:  FoF is a good candidate for to run with it being indoors and EuropaPark runs their Mack Bobsled during their Christmas event (last I was there at least).  Safari Village also has two climate controlled eateries so that could be what opens that area up.

Just checked to see what Carowinds are running...

https://www.carowinds.com/play/winterfest/attractions-rides

I think we will see a similar portfolio based on climate and ride availability.  I'm putting money on Twisted Timbers being our functioning coaster for the event as well, especially if Carowinds is running their Ricochet and TT is right next door to ours.

KD has already released some information, including the plan to keep Safari Village closed. All of that information is in the Winterfest 2018 thread.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad