Is Winterfest Coming to Town?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
12,658
31,733
113
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
I would not be surprised if it did, but I wouldn't bet on it either. I do believe it is safe to say that, come 2018, King Dominion will have Winterfest though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
1,872
3,908
113
Zachary said:
I would not be surprised if it did, but I wouldn't bet on it either. I do believe it is safe to say that, come 2018, King Dominion will have Winterfest though.
I been seeing allot of speculation that it is coming. How does Cedar Fair do it at other parks is it an add on event or is it included in the season pass. Because I read through my season pass fine print and it says expires November 1stnwhich would be the end of the parks regular season of course. That doesn't exclude them from either doing it as an add on like BGW does or simply chaneing the expiration date but how have they handled it at other parks. Regardless I would be surprised if we don't see it by 2018.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Dec 10, 2011
100
103
43
Busch gardens is about to lose a bunch of business once kd gets this up and running. There is no other Christmas event in the area like this and with the ease of being 20 minutes from Richmond the crowds will definitely switch parks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor

phurst

Silver Donor
Mar 16, 2016
201
521
93
Richmond, VA
It will definitely depend on the quality of the event, but as someone who isn't a big fan of Christmas Town anyway, if it's included in my season pass AND my dining plan, it's a no brainer for us.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor

phurst

Silver Donor
Mar 16, 2016
201
521
93
Richmond, VA
Pretzel Kaiser said:
I'd go once to see if it's too X-mas-y for me.  It also depends on what rides were open and there's enough to make the crowds tolerable.
Those reasons exactly (plus, you know, having to pay) are the reasons I don't care for Christmas Town, but as someone who has been known to go to KD to eat and then go home, I can guarantee at least a couple of visits.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Mar 16, 2016
4,819
7,807
113
phurst said:
Pretzel Kaiser said:
I'd go once to see if it's too X-mas-y for me.  It also depends on what rides were open and there's enough to make the crowds tolerable.
Those reasons exactly (plus, you know, having to pay) are the reasons I don't care for Christmas Town, but as someone who has been known to go to KD to eat and then go home, I can guarantee at least a couple of visits.
I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and phurst
Apr 29, 2011
2,595
5,226
113
coasterdude205 said:
Busch gardens is about to lose a bunch of business once kd gets this up and running.  There is no other Christmas event in the area like this and with the ease of being 20 minutes from Richmond the crowds will definitely switch parks.
I don't see BGW taking an attendance hit from Winterfest.  If anything it may help ease the crowds at Christmastown but that's doubtful.  Industry-wide, the uptrend is on the rise for many parks to host holiday events now.  It's evident when Six Flags America, a park that rarely gets new major attractions, had their first Holiday in the Park last season.   Pretty soon, we'll see more and more regional and seasonal parks hosting a Christmas event.  The general public will look at Winterfest as an "extra" option in addition to Christmastown.
 
Sep 25, 2016
180
326
63
Yogi's Cave
warfelg said:
phurst said:
Pretzel Kaiser said:
I'd go once to see if it's too X-mas-y for me.  It also depends on what rides were open and there's enough to make the crowds tolerable.
Those reasons exactly (plus, you know, having to pay) are the reasons I don't care for Christmas Town, but as someone who has been known to go to KD to eat and then go home, I can guarantee at least a couple of visits.
I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.
Also in that club...
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and phurst
Apr 29, 2011
2,595
5,226
113
SLC Headache said:
^Fourth-ing that.

Really curious as to which coasters will be operating for Winterfest.
Just for reference, Kings Islands didn't have any of the major coasters open for their last Winterfest however they will open Mystic Timbers for the next one.
 
Aug 9, 2017
439
324
63
Unagi said:
SLC Headache said:
^Fourth-ing that.

Really curious as to which coasters will be operating for Winterfest.
Just for reference, Kings Islands didn't have any of the major coasters open for their last Winterfest however they will open Mystic Timbers for the next one.
Oh, OK. Looks like it's SFA for my winter coaster-ing needs, then.
 
Login or Register to Hide This Ad