Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/midway_mayhem/status/1163596956784087041

It irritates me how in their tweet they say that the coaster has gone vertical. Just ignore the fact that they have been vertical and building the wood frames higher for months. It seems is to claim that this coaster is vertical solely because they placed the first piece of track.
 
I'm sightly amazed that they are installing track at it appears there's quite a bit of wood to be added still. I'm not just saying that based on the footers never I'm sure that there are a lot that won't be used. But it looks like they built tunnels into some if the structures but there's nothing built in either side of them yet. Then there's the entire lift hill structure and connecting the various structures together. Just seems like there's a significant amount of work left
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachary
I'm sightly amazed that they are installing track at it appears there's quite a bit of wood to be added still. I'm not just saying that based on the footers never I'm sure that there are a lot that won't be used. But it looks like they built tunnels into some if the structures but there's nothing built in either side of them yet. Then there's the entire lift hill structure and connecting the various structures together. Just seems like there's a significant amount of work left
Could be a work flow thing. Making bents takes time and if you have the erection crew waiting around you might as well use them
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachary and BGWnut
Both of those explanations make sense. The only wooden coaster I have an experience with the building process is Invade and that obviously was a different process.
 
Both of those explanations make sense. The only wooden coaster I have an experience with the building process is Invade and that obviously was a different process.
With that most of the bents were made off site I think. I know one of the (former) interns that bolted them together.
 
Wooden wanna disappoint...here's a 9/2 Update

giphy.gif
 
  • Love
Reactions: Gavin
Only a few more days til we know more. Meanwhile, lots of pics...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BGWnut
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad