Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I dunno - we've discussed Axis a lot around here and as cool as it sounds I don't know if CF is willing to stick what's basically another prototype (actually one of the first of it's kind in production, but close enough fwiw) in KD considering how many they've removed from the Paramount days.

We shall see though.

Reactions: Furyous Baco 325
I still don't know how it will feel if the seats are (sideways) uneven weight, which will be the case most of the time, I imagine. It seems problematic to me, but it's not like I've ever ridden one.

I thought each car was designed with a large weight in the bottom so it forces the car to always come back to horizontal?

Most of the axis train is made up of fiberglass and aluminum, which makes it lighter than regular trains. Also I could be trippin but, the track looks to be larger than normal, it looks like it’s almost the size of b&m dive coaster track from the iaapa vids I’m seeing. so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. But then agin I might be trippin 🥴😭

IIRC they said there's two versions of AXIS - 1st that will freely spin and would take significant weight to cause it to not sit level (based on the rotational point being above the riders heads when track is below, and a 2nd that would have powered controlled use of the axis point powered by it's own motor so it sits at certain angles at certain time.

90% sure that in the videos of the test one, it sits at an angle when two people of different weights are in it. But... it's been a while since I watched it. Maybe I'm misremembering

S&S stated a production axis coaster model would load/unload with the train suspended in the station. I would assume they could use magnets that are energized to level out the seats while in the station, lift/launch, and braking areas.

Reactions: Zachary
That's making the assumption that they use the entire Volcano plot for anything but flats...
I would love to see the volcano plot see the addition of a well themed darkride + a couple of flats and maybe a new theater for another show. (I know this needs to be moved, please do so)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's possibly enough land on that plot that they could create a whole new area of the park if they desired. It may take some reworking of adjacent areas to do so though.

Not that I think that should happen, more to put the land plot size into perspective.

Last edited:
All this flat ride talk for the old Volcano plot has me dreaming of a (possibly crashing) bush pilot themed Zamperla Super Air Race nestled perfectly into the Jungle X area. The existing theming (vehicles & whatnot) sets the timeline to be modern enough to support airplanes and I just really want one of these in onf of my home parks. 🤤

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's possibly enough land on that plot that they could create a whole new area of the park if they desired. It may take some reworking of affect areas to do so though.

Not that I think that should happen, more to put the land plot size into perspective.
To help with perspective:
Volcano's plot (not counting extra space) is double the size of FoF at BGW.

If they are willing to go over FoF's tunnel to the event building (could be a good reason for a FoF building refurb too) they could put the entrance of a coaster inside the old Volcano plot, have a bulk of the coaster in the expansion pad south of FoF and east of I-305 while retaining space in the old plot for flats, games, and a snack stand.

I tried to size out the flats as best I could but here’s what they could do. I personally hope they use the whole plot of land for a coaster, but I wouldn’t be mad if they did something like this. Also don’t make fun of my drawings all I have is my thumbs and a phone lol.

Attachments

• 598E45EE-3E4C-4EBC-AF24-0C11F6C83F1E.jpeg
    598E45EE-3E4C-4EBC-AF24-0C11F6C83F1E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: rswashdc
I tried to size out the flats as best I could but here’s what they could do. I personally hope they use the whole plot of land for a coaster, but I wouldn’t be mad if they did something like this. Also don’t make fun of my drawings all I have is my thumbs and a phone lol.
Out of everything the one thing that is *absolutely needed* is that set of bathrooms you have pictured. Apart from the one bathroom at the entry of Jungle X, there isn’t another bathroom anywhere past that. That new bathroom would be a godsend.

Going off the latest conversation in the think tank thread, is the wing coaster not out of the realm of possibility just because the plans for the small one were tossed? Or will the park choose something related to Cedar Fair's guest experience devotion? I do know there's one guy out there who claims that the wing coaster "was never going to happen in the first place, that the B&M exclusivity contract never existed, and that any mention of those things is just fanboy speculation."

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Nicole
Going off the latest conversation in the think tank thread, is the wing coaster not out of the realm of possibility just because the plans for the small one were tossed? Or will the park choose something related to Cedar Fair's guest experience devotion? I do know there's one guy out there who claims that the wing coaster "was never going to happen in the first place, that the B&M exclusivity contract never existed, and that any mention of those things is just fanboy speculation."
I mean a while back I did come up with a dark ride idea, but the likelihood of it happening is so low that I didn’t bother sharing it here. Oh and I got super in depth with the concept. If anyone wants to hear it I’ll happily DM it to you.

I mean a while back I did come up with a dark ride idea, but the likelihood of it happening is so low that I didn’t bother sharing it here. Oh and I got super in depth with the concept. If anyone wants to hear it I’ll happily DM it to you.
I mean it is a concepts thread, so it's a good spot for it assuming it's related to this particular plot of land

Well in that case—here’s the dark ride idea.

The Wolf Temple Expedition

Backstory:

The Whey Foundation has uncovered old research from a previous expedition many years ago, to which all the signs point to an undiscovered and rumored additional temple in Jungle Xpedition. The Whey Foundation has taken it upon themselves to continue the research of the previous expedition’s research, which was conducted by the Lost World Group.

The Ride:
Leaving base camp, you embark on a journey to find a remaining temple that supposedly a myth but hasn’t been proven to exist yet. (This would be the queue) Then, the actual line starts with a Grimmwoods-esque section, about 100 yards outdoors/covered, music and various animal sounds. As you get further in, the music turns to a creepy sound, you see an overturned jeep with some kind of claw marks that have ripped into the side of the truck. You question what could have done that. You start to begin to hear a howling wind. And right before you go into the temple (the station) you see another overturned vehicle, this time more shredded than the first with snakes and such slithering around. (Board ride vehicle here) And as you enter you hear a whisper of a spirit telling you “it’s not safe! It’s after you!!! *voice fades away*”. You then start to wonder just what the spirit is talking about and you start to hear sounds of rustling leaves, branches snapping. (In this temple it’s been taken over by nature so there’s lots of bushes and such inside). You round a corner that is covered in ivy and hear crickets chirping, making you think you’re safe. Rounding another corner, you see a giant hieroglyph of an absolutely humongous wolf, and in the distance you hear a lone howl. You travel deeper into the temple finding more and more hieroglyphs of this wolf, and start to see a flickering light, and once you get to it, the light goes out. But not before you see a pile of bones. Once the light goes off, you hear a loud snarl and you see a red glow coming from behind you. You make a u turn around the next corner and come face to face with the wolf that was in those hieroglyphs and realize it wasn’t just a myth, it’s real, and you now quickly start heading toward a light source you can see faintly illuminating the hallway that leads out. You head in that direction, hearing the wolf chasing after you and howling, and as soon as you exit the temple the wolf howls, growls, and realizes that you managed to make it out. Once you exit the temple (unload platform) you are greeted with sunshine and have a walk back to base camp.

Thoughts?

was never going to happen in the first place [...] and that any mention of those things is just fanboy speculation

I mean, I'm looking at the proposal from B&M, sooooo... 🤷

(And again, KDFans reported on it as a proposal—not an accepted bid. There's a good chance KD would have never greenlit the project—but the bid is very real.)

Well in that case—here’s the dark ride idea.

The Wolf Temple Expedition

Backstory:

The Whey Foundation has uncovered old research from a previous expedition many years ago, to which all the signs point to an undiscovered and rumored additional temple in Jungle Xpedition. The Whey Foundation has taken it upon themselves to continue the research of the previous expedition’s research, which was conducted by the Lost World Group.

The Ride:
Leaving base camp, you embark on a journey to find a remaining temple that supposedly a myth but hasn’t been proven to exist yet. (This would be the queue) Then, the actual line starts with a Grimmwoods-esque section, about 100 yards outdoors/covered, music and various animal sounds. As you get further in, the music turns to a creepy sound, you see an overturned jeep with some kind of claw marks that have ripped into the side of the truck. You question what could have done that. You start to begin to hear a howling wind. And right before you go into the temple (the station) you see another overturned vehicle, this time more shredded than the first with snakes and such slithering around. (Board ride vehicle here) And as you enter you hear a whisper of a spirit telling you “it’s not safe! It’s after you!!! *voice fades away*”. You then start to wonder just what the spirit is talking about and you start to hear sounds of rustling leaves, branches snapping. (In this temple it’s been taken over by nature so there’s lots of bushes and such inside). You round a corner that is covered in ivy and hear crickets chirping, making you think you’re safe. Rounding another corner, you see a giant hieroglyph of an absolutely humongous wolf, and in the distance you hear a lone howl. You travel deeper into the temple finding more and more hieroglyphs of this wolf, and start to see a flickering light, and once you get to it, the light goes out. But not before you see a pile of bones. Once the light goes off, you hear a loud snarl and you see a red glow coming from behind you. You make a u turn around the next corner and come face to face with the wolf that was in those hieroglyphs and realize it wasn’t just a myth, it’s real, and you now quickly start heading toward a light source you can see faintly illuminating the hallway that leads out. You head in that direction, hearing the wolf chasing after you and howling, and as soon as you exit the temple the wolf howls, growls, and realizes that you managed to make it out. Once you exit the temple (unload platform) you are greeted with sunshine and have a walk back to base camp.

Thoughts?
Will the Whey Foundation believe you when you tell them about encountering the mythical wolf?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad