2015 Howl-O-Scream

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 30, 2015
Clowns are scary. I am terrified of them BUTTTTTT if i go to a haunt i want to be scared. Lol So i would be ok with that.

Apr 30, 2015
Nicole said:
For what it is worth, I only recall being slightly annoyed by how loud the clown maze was.  I didn't find them scary or creepy at all.  That said, I know I am in the minority.
There was actually a maze for it? I thought it had only been in Festa like a scarezone. But if it was a maze if there were able to make it scary i give them kudos. Because clowns either end up being scary orrr really annoying lol

Reactions: Nicole
Aug 21, 2012
Nicole said:
For what it is worth, I only recall being slightly annoyed by how loud the clown maze was.  I didn't find them scary or creepy at all.  That said, I know I am in the minority.
I didn't find them creepy or scary either, but I'm not afraid of clowns to begin with. The maze was annoyingly loud, and there was always a weird smell I couldn't figure out. Not sure if it was supposed to smell like that, or if it was unintentional. Either way it was funky. I did like the man who would walk around on the bridge with the little clown attached to his feet. He was really good at what he did. :-D

Apr 30, 2015
jonfin826 said:
The clowns were always my favorite part of HOS because they were the only things in the park that were genuinely unsettling to me.
THIS!!!!..... Truer words were never spoken lol...

Sep 1, 2013
Is it really true they got rid of them because they were too scary? I'd be interested to hear more info verifying that that was the case and why that decision was made!

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I think there were multiple clowns mazes. But yes, Last Laugh Industries was particularly bad. And pointlessly noisy. And annoying. And not scary. In my opinion.

Reactions: Cawgy and Ben

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
TheMostHappy said:
Is it really true they got rid of them because they were too scary? I'd be interested to hear more info verifying that that was the case and why that decision was made!
I've been told the same thing by some very well placed people. The previous management removed a few things because a very small subset of the park's attendees found them to be "too scary."

Hopefully we'll see that rectified this year. Real chainsaws anyone?

Aug 21, 2012
Zachary said:
I've been told the same thing by some very well placed people. The previous management removed a few things because a very small subset of the park's attendees found them to be "too scary."
Isn't that the point of a haunt? lol To be scary that is.

Reactions: Nicole and SWStevo
Sep 1, 2013
Zachary said:
TheMostHappy said:

Hopefully we'll see that rectified this year. Real chainsaws anyone?
That's so interesting! I guess clowns are kind of a weird case because that's more of a true "phobia" than the other things at Busch? Like obviously skeletons and vampires and stuff are "scary" but people don't have as visceral reaction to those.

I always thought the clowns were no more or less scary than anything else. If Big Bird jumped out and startled me in the Forest of Fun I would still scream and be scared, but then move on with my life.

Which iteration(s) of the clown maze had the spinning polka dot room? That was THE BEST.

Feb 9, 2013
Applesauce said:
Last I saw the park was using real chainsaws. Considering the amount of times I felt sick around the gasoline fumes.
This. I don't recall the park ever making a notable transition to different chainsaws. Unless they're using some really, really good fake ones, I still believe they are real. Imagine all the chainsaw scared that will be had in Lumberhack this year.

Mar 22, 2015
In root of all evil it was a real chainsaw. You could smell it. My girlfriend works at supercuts and one of her customers works at Busch and she said that all they have this year running around the park are chainsaws and pirates. Personally I think its bull. But it would be cool on the chainsaw end. I love sitting down and watching people get scared by them. If lumberhack has them (im sure it will) it will probably be my favourite maze.

Oct 7, 2011
Virginia Beach
Sorry, this is honestly a dumb, albeit well-intentioned question: Do the chainsaws have real blades on them? I've only been to Howl-O-Scream once, and I never saw any chainsaws while I was there. Obviously that seems illogical, but what do they use since everyone keeps saying "real" chainsaws? Is it like a real chainsaw with a rubber chain/blade?

Excuse my ignorance, please.

Reactions: Mad Ludwig
Login or Register to Hide This Ad