Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Peej, they're called Plague Doctors. That would be neat to see. As the plague hit just about every part of Europe, a plague doctor, with the plague as a theme would be nice. Not sure if it'd work as a house, but at least a scare zone/terror-tory.

France would be a good location I think. Just because the actual plague doctor costume originated in France.

Reactions: Peej1212
Yeah... with the freakout over the severed heads, I'm sure you can see the potential backlash about doing a plague/virus breakout themed event at Busch. While cool, I can see it being a potential nightmare.

Plus, last thing I wanna here guests using to tease the actors and everything is "HE GOT EBOLA!"

Give it a few years, because it's a great theme.

This is a parkwide concept. Be warned, I put quite bit of thought into this.

A HoS event where everything is themed around Edgar Allan poe.

England: Nevermore
You enter the park and see the streets filled with Raven's(I know we got them ;) and echoing quotes from stories from Poe.Lots blacklighting and Red. Maybe use black light paint to scrawl lines from Edgar Allan Poe's greatest stories all over the buildings.

The idea is to represent how the horrifying tales from poe have been ripped off the pages into the world. Actors would go around as 19th century people made of flesh and paper, covered with ink and blood. Here is where the pages go from fiction to reality.

Heatherdowns: The Black Cat

In the darkness lurks the spirits of animals lost. The darkness echoes with the sounds of ghost horses, dogs, and more importantly...The Black cat.

This Area is simply an ambient and creepy area. Lights as of the eyes of various animals and other eerie looking things.

Ireland:The Hop-Frog

A tortured and abused hunchback known as The Hop-Frog gets his revenge on the people who have wronged him. Best hope you're not on that list.

This area would have actors going around, less of a scare area and more creepy. Also, Hop- Frog would have his own show in the Abbeystone very similar to Fiends and Monster Stomp.

In Ireland there is also The Pit and the Pendulum maze. This bloodsoaked maze of horror pits you against against the devious and sadistic minds behind the carnival-like torture of the Inquisition.

Wild Reserve:The Gold Bug

Legend has it, there is treasure in the woods. Will you find it or die trying.

A rather cool but not altogether creepy area, meant as easy passage and cool theming.

France: The Murders in the Rue Morgue

Inspectors are on the look out for the culprit behind the recent grissly murders in town. Are you a suspect or the next victim?

Lots of death and chaos. Inspectors chasing you around, killers doing the same a la Ripper Row

Here, the maze Cask of Amontillado is buried, where you venture down into the cellar of Montressor, many years after his entrapment of the doomed Fortunato. It seems Montressor's bloodlust could not be stopped up, like his wine. Can you survive?

Also, wine and other alcholoic beverages would be served including Amontillado.

New France:Liegia and the Conquerer Worm

Based on a story and a poem, this area feature renimated corpses seeking revenge and The Conquerer Worm, a demonic creature much like a worm who eats mainly mimes. However, when food is scarce, the Conquerer worm branches out.

Rhinefield/Okotberfest: The Facts in the Case of M. Vlademar

What happens when the dying is hypnotised just before death? The doctors here are trying to figure out the same thing. But, they need new subjects. care to volunteer?

An area with lots of undead/insane doctors and psychiatrists trying to carry on their experiments.

Mazes here include

Fall of the House of Usher (Bitten House)
Visit the infamous mansion of usher, where the undead and malicious spirits wait.

The Imp of the Perverse ( new maze area)

This creature influences many to do wrong for the sake doing things wrong. murder, torture, and many other gruesome things can be explained by the Imp. Will you be another example?

Morella (RoaE area)
Poor Morella. Once she was loved by her husband, but then he began to fall out of love... to the point where he couldnt look or touch her. When she died, he couldnt bear to deal with his daughter who looked just like her. When he went to baptise her, he named her after his wife, and his daughter died the same day. His wife's tomb now lay vacant. The vengeful spirit is now out for blood.

San Marco/Festa Italia: Masque of Red Death

The Red Death ravages the land, and makes a special appearance at a very special gala.

Lots of masquerade/plague themed actors walking around. lots of blood.

This is an idea I had originally just for a maze, but I realized there is enough theming to make a whole event off of it. Will it be done? probably not. But a maze incorporating these ideas would be awesome!

Reactions: Nicole and Peej1212
Jacques said:
This is a parkwide concept. Be warned, I put quite bit of thought into this.

A HoS event where everything is themed around Edgar Allan poe.

England: Nevermore
You enter the park and see the streets filled with Raven's(I know we got them ;) and echoing quotes from stories from Poe.Lots blacklighting and Red. Maybe use black light paint to scrawl lines from Edgar Allan Poe's greatest stories all over the buildings.

The idea is to represent how the horrifying tales from poe have been ripped off the pages into the world. Actors would go around as 19th century people made of flesh and paper, covered with ink and blood. Here is where the pages go from fiction to reality.
I think this could work, also you can have human sized peices of paper that have scribbles of parts of the stories (even though i like the blacklight better :) )

Jacques said:
Heatherdowns: The Black Cat

In the darkness lurks the spirits of animals lost. The darkness echoes with the sounds of ghost horses, dogs, and more importantly...The Black cat.

This Area is simply an ambient and creepy area. Lights as of the eyes of various animals and other eerie looking things.

Ireland:The Hop-Frog

A tortured and abused hunchback known as The Hop-Frog gets his revenge on the people who have wronged him. Best hope you're not on that list.

This area would have actors going around, less of a scare area and more creepy. Also, Hop- Frog would have his own show in the Abbeystone very similar to Fiends and Monster Stomp.

Jacques said:
In Ireland there is also The Pit and the Pendulum maze. This bloodsoaked maze of horror pits you against against the devious and sadistic minds behind the carnival-like torture of the Inquisition.
I could see this working the inquisition devices alone were terrifying.

Jacques said:
Wild Reserve:The Gold Bug

Legend has it, there is treasure in the woods. Will you find it or die trying.

A rather cool but not altogether creepy area, meant as easy passage and cool theming.

France: The Murders in the Rue Morgue

Inspectors are on the look out for the culprit behind the recent grissly murders in town. Are you a suspect or the next victim?

Lots of death and chaos. Inspectors chasing you around, killers doing the same a la Ripper Row

Here, the maze Cask of Amontillado is buried, where you venture down into the cellar of Montressor, many years after his entrapment of the doomed Fortunato. It seems Montressor's bloodlust could not be stopped up, like his wine. Can you survive?

Also, wine and other alcholoic beverages would be served including Amontillado.

New France:Liegia and the Conquerer Worm

Based on a story and a poem, this area feature renimated corpses seeking revenge and The Conquerer Worm, a demonic creature much like a worm who eats mainly mimes. However, when food is scarce, the Conquerer worm branches out.

Jacques said:
Rhinefield/Okotberfest: The Facts in the Case of M. Vlademar

What happens when the dying is hypnotised just before death? The doctors here are trying to figure out the same thing. But, they need new subjects. care to volunteer?

An area with lots of undead/insane doctors and psychiatrists trying to carry on their experiments.
I think this would be a cool idea if you could execute it properly.
Jacques said:
Mazes here include

Fall of the House of Usher (Bitten House)
Visit the infamous mansion of usher, where the undead and malicious spirits wait.

The Imp of the Perverse ( new maze area)

This creature influences many to do wrong for the sake doing things wrong. murder, torture, and many other gruesome things can be explained by the Imp. Will you be another example?

Morella (RoaE area)
Poor Morella. Once she was loved by her husband, but then he began to fall out of love... to the point where he couldnt look or touch her. When she died, he couldnt bear to deal with his daughter who looked just like her. When he went to baptise her, he named her after his wife, and his daughter died the same day. His wife's tomb now lay vacant. The vengeful spirit is now out for blood.

San Marco/Festa Italia: Masque of Red Death

The Red Death ravages the land, and makes a special appearance at a very special gala.

Lots of masquerade/plague themed actors walking around. lots of blood.

This is an idea I had originally just for a maze, but I realized there is enough theming to make a whole event off of it. Will it be done? probably not. But a maze incorporating these ideas would be awesome!
I think it would be great and id love to see it. I think it would show some great detail and alot of smart scares.There is only one problem id see with it and that is that the General public (unless they are poe fans) may be lost with it.

Reactions: Nicole
^ Scary and smart. Two things Busch could use! LOL

If the GP didnt know about poe they would certainly be at least intrigued to read a few stories afterwards.

Poe, was amazing... crazy but amazing. As Nic says he seemed to have a natural understanding of what terrifies humans. I think it must have been the steady diet of Absinthe.

I leave you with this...

So, we can do MSoRR but now call it Monster Stomp with Edgar Allan Poe

A rapping Edgar Allan Poe IS more believable than a rapping serial killer.

I got to take MC Lars to the Virginia Living Museum and run around with him before a concert he did at CNU about 6 years ago. It was awesome, I'll go to any show he's involved in.

Reactions: Zimmy
sufpadd said:
I got to take MC Lars to the Virginia Living Museum and run around with him before a concert he did at CNU about 6 years ago. It was awesome, I'll go to any show he's involved in.

I saw him open for MC Frontalot in Seattle. I also saw him at PAX one year.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Completely off topic for this year's event, but before (if they ever) permanently add an attraction to the DK building and remove it from the HoS venue list, I am really hoping they take advantage of the opportunity to have another wolf themed house and have it related to Ludwig's curse. Hunted was such a good house back in the day and they haven't committed to a wolf themed house since. Combining some of the stuff they had from Frostbite with the wolves (maybe some costume changes for them) and whatever old DK stuff they have laying around in storage as far as uniforms and props go, could be an awesome house.

This isn’t just some post where I detail ideas for a single house. This is going to be a whole new lineup of houses, Terror-tories, and shows even including general decorations.

For this lineup I let my mind wander and not get tied down to what the park could realistically do, but just what I’d like to see!

Houses

1) Wendigo Woods:Rampage
Synopsis: Enter past a campsite ripped to shreds. As you go inwards into the woods, wendigos attack from all corners as you stumble upon Research Facility HS75 . It is in tatters and enflamed after experiments gone wrong has caused all the subjects to escape. the beasts aren’t the only threat, as shadowy government kill squads are descending to make sure nothing gets out; dead or alive.

2) Neverafter: Wicked Revenge -
Synopsis: it has been years after all the fairy tales got their happily ever after… or so it seems. Now the wicked witch has brought back all the monsters from those tales to exact revenge on our fairytale heroes. Includes such tales like Goldilocks, little red riding hood, three little pigs, Rumpelstiltskin…

3) The Jaws of Madness
Synopsis: In a secluded Italian seaside villa, something is becoming restless under the sea. Lurking in a long hidden temple to The Old Ones are eldritch Horrors unfathomable to the human mind. Or so they say. Detective Lawrence Prescott is on the case of missing persons in the area, when he feels drawn to this place. Is it a hunch or is it calling to him? Can you hear it? The Jaws of Madness beckons!

4) Beyond the Veil
Synopsis: Your grandmother used to tell you stories about the fae folk when you were a child. About how they were the cute little pixies you may see in children’s books. No, the fae are vicious bloodthirsty creatures who delight in tormenting mortals.

She also mentioned to never walk through a fairy circle or pass under where two trees have touched and created a portal. If you enter you may never come out. When little Abigail McFee sees her little brother be lured into one during the fair, she braves the dark twisted land of the fae. Keep your wits and your life!

5) Bloodbath Bay: Cursed Waters
Synopsis: In a small island in the tropics lies a small village of mariners and merchants who hold a dark secret. Below the island is a series of caves and tunnels where a treasure lay hidden. However, the gold is cursed and protected by all sorts of sea monsters and sirens. The townspeople tried to tell Captain Jericho this, but he wouldn’t listen. Enter if you dare know the fate of Captain Jericho and the crew of the Persephone. But be warned, here there be monsters.

Terror-tories and More

1) Ravens Point
Category: Terrortory
Synopsis: The works of Edgar Allan Poe are all the rage in Europe! The Raven haired poet has England in a fervor… however in the streets something lurks. The power of the Dark Raven has possessed the people in the streets. Flesh becomes likes parchment, blood like ink, hair the binding of a book. Life often imitates art, but so does death.

2) Sleepy Hollow
Category: meet and greet
Synopsis: enter the famous town from Washington Irving’s classic ghost story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Have hot apple
Cider, hear a retelling of the legend, and have a photo taken with legendary Headless Horsemen. Be careful not to loose your head!

3) Port of Souls
Category: themed land
Synopsis: the village of Killarney is under siege by the skeleton crew of Captain Jolly Roger! From the undead climbing the chains of the drawbridge, to cannon fire from the castle near corkscrew hill! Everywhere you look the crew is up to some hijinx and piratical chaos!

4) Curse of the Werewolf
Category: themed area
Synopsis: a traveling band of fortune tellers have set up shop in the woods outside Killarney. However, they seem to be spooked by something out there. A vicious beast is prowling under the light of the full moon. Snapping branches, howls in the distance, and piercing red eyes send shivers down your spine. There is no silver lining here.

5) Carnival De Sade
Synopsis: Brother Mark and Key invite you to the greatest show on earth! See the contortionists, acrobats, mimes and more as they push themselves beyond their limit. But in the De Safe carnival, not all is as it seems. The sad and pained look in the eyes of the performers lets you know this is no innocent carnival. Something sinister is going on here.

6) Bigfoot Country
Synopsis: while trapping furs, the French colonists accidentally killed a mother Sasquatch. These normally gentle giants are no enraged as they attack for revenge. Dodge market fire, axe blades, and claws as you are caught in the crossfire of these beasts.

7) Bitten: Shocktoberfest
Category: Terrortory and themed area
Synopsis: Roll out the barrel! It’s that time of year again for Oktoberfest! However as the sun sets it’s not beer the patrons want. The taps flow free and the screams fill the night as the long forgotten Nosferatu feast on the living, because here, the drinks have bite.

8) Twisted Invention
Category: terrortory
Synopsis: Davinci has gone mad, turning his inventions and paintings into macabre works into pain. See how the twisted genius takes paint and paper to butcher and kill. And if you don’t like it, everyone’s a critic.

9) Dark Wonderland
Category: terrortory
Synopsis: Journey into the mad world of Wonderland by Lewis Carol. But this isn’t an innocent world of teaparties and croquet. Here, the tea is steeped in blood and croquet is played without heads. Would you like a cup of tea?

Shows

1) monster stomp: madhouse
Synopsis: A new take on monster stomp sees the inmates at the Annabel Lee memorial sanitarium loose and out of their minds. Lunatics control the madhouse now.

2) Fiends: Ressurected
The return of doctor freakenstein Igor and the naughty nurses proves to be quite a to do. New experiments and new songs and dances. The same weird science.

3) Creatures of the Night
Synopsis: monsters from all over the world come together to celebrate Oktoberfest with their host, Jack!

4) The Rat Pack
Synopsis: The rat pack has come to town! Skeletal swing dancers and rodent crooners will absolutely win your heart.

House idea
Name: Dustbowl Devils
Synopsis: The year 1931. Mayor William McCready is trying desperately to save his small town of Salvation, Kansas. When everything seems dire, a man in shadow appears. Saying he would give the town prosperity on exchange for the townspeoples soul. The mayor agrees out of desperation. Now the shadow man has come to collect with his minions to drag the residents of salvation to anything but.

Ummm... Toto, you're not in Kansas.

Good idea in general maybe, but how about tying it to the theme of the hamlet it's set in?

Ummm... Toto, you're not in Kansas.

Good idea in general maybe, but how about tying it to the theme of the hamlet it's set in?
Cause New Orleans Voodoo fits a festival in italy celebrating the return of Marco Polo, and Pompeii is famous for its American style gen mines, and Edgar Allan Poe was very heavily involved in Oktoberfest celebrations. The closest we have a to a maze that fits the hamlet it’s in is which of the woods since witches were a thing in Europe people were once worried about. Every single other house doesn’t fit the land. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: dsdl and nick
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad