Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Catacombs

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Cavern of Darkness

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Revenge of Pompeii

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
North Carolina
Chris, did you feel at any point they were rushing you through the lines anywhere? We were at Catacombs right when it opened Friday night, and they were sending like 15-20 at a time and holding, but not for long. We caught up with the group in front of us rather quickly.

Sep 23, 2009
kcracken said:
Chris, did you feel at any point they were rushing you through the lines anywhere? We were at Catacombs right when it opened Friday night, and they were sending like 15-20 at a time and holding, but not for long. We caught up with the group in front of us rather quickly.

I really didn't notice that, the groups were large, but I was really not paying too much attention to that, I was looking at the theming and remembering the scare spots. I'll pay attention to it tomorrow night and see if that's still the case.

Sep 23, 2009
North Carolina
If I could have seen the the theming everywhere but outside, I would have looked at that. Too dark for me, coming in from the brighter outdoors, I guess.

Sep 23, 2009
So, I went to HOS last night and I was going through Hunted and just happened to be in front of the biggest jerk I have ever come across in my many trips to Busch Gardens, so I decided to pull out my phone and record what was going on. Obviously it was too dark to get actual video, but here's the audio.

This kid ruined the entire night for my fiancé. Don't know if you've experienced the long lasting effects of an actual buzz-kill, but she was, let's say, feeling no pain, and this kid ruined the entire night. There's really no coming back from an actual buzz-kill.

JERK OF THE SEASON!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Chris said:
So, I went to HOS last night and I was going through Hunted and just happened to be in front of the biggest jerk I have ever come across in my many trips to Busch Gardens, so I decided to pull out my phone and record what was going on. Obviously it was too dark to get actual video, but here's the audio.

This kid ruined the entire night for my fiancé. Don't know if you've experienced the long lasting effects of an actual buzz-kill, but she was, let's say, feeling no pain, and this kid ruined the entire night. There's really no coming back from an actual buzz-kill.

JERK OF THE SEASON!

What if I said that was me!..... Well, just so everyone knows, it wasn't. Anyway, the guy wasn't only a jerk, he was acting just plain dumb. What an idiot. I hate people like this. It happens on Corkscrew Hill and Darkastle also. Yoshi could tell you a good story about both... :)

Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, it happened in Cavern of Darkness last night also, perhaps Busch should ban boys age 8 to 13 from going into HOS or prohibit them from gathering in groups of more than two, because they just don't know how to act like civilized human beings when in larger groups.

Sep 23, 2009
North Carolina
OMG, that was horrible. I swear, I hate kids these days. They are so rude and arrogant and... a lot of words I am not going to say on the forum. He couldn't have been more than 15-16 maybe, right? That had to ruin the whole thing for everyone around you.

On a more positive note, your iPhone takes awesome sound clips. It's so clear.

now after reading your most recent post... I agree, ban kids or ban them from huddling in groups. Or make them go through by themselves. They know the actors are not supposed to touch them, yet they will try every time, probably so they can scream and get someone into trouble.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I don't think banning kids is the answer. If you can get kicked out of the park for cutting in line, why can't you get kicked out of the park for being a complete idiot? They need a BIG sign saying this, and someone standing at the exit of the area, where you can report groups/people. I agree it is ridiculous, but, everyone in said age-range shouldn't be banned.

Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, there are obviously exceptions to the rule, but being an idiot is too fluid, you can't give a solid definition to being an idiot. The smaller the group, the less the amount of jerk in one's system. That's the key. It's about showing off in the group.

Sep 23, 2009
North Carolina
Last weekend, there were LOTS of security at every one of the mazes/houses. Were they not there this weekend? You're right, Swiftman, that they shouldn't all be banned, not all of them are little pricks like those. THey just need to learn manners, which they haven't been taught. And that kid was OBVIOUSLY trying to show off for his friends.

Sep 23, 2009
kcracken said:
Last weekend, there were LOTS of security at every one of the mazes/houses. Were they not there this weekend? You're right, Swiftman, that they shouldn't all be banned, not all of them are little pricks like those. THey just need to learn manners, which they haven't been taught. And that kid was OBVIOUSLY trying to show off for his friends.

Yeah, there was still a lot of security around the park (they actually pulled a woman leaving Cursed because she hit a cast member).

Sep 23, 2009
Wings said:
Has there been any improvements as per the lighting in Cavern of Darkness?

It's still seems to be brighter than it was when I first went through, but the cast has been doing a better job as they learn better scare tactics and it seems like they have enough of them in there to keep the maze from being too boring.

Oct 5, 2009
I have a question? I had heard when I was there the first weekend that they were going to be doing Tick-or-treating for the kids on Halloween since it's on Sat. Kinda like they do at Sea World. Has anyone else heard anything else like this? I'm planning on being there and taking my nieces and nephews. Any reply would be great.

Sep 23, 2009
AandA8104 said:
I have a question? I had heard when I was there the first weekend that they were going to be doing Tick-or-treating for the kids on Halloween since it's on Sat. Kinda like they do at Sea World. Has anyone else heard anything else like this? I'm planning on being there and taking my nieces and nephews. Any reply would be great.

I hadn't heard that, but I can ask a contact in the communications office if that will indeed be happening.

Oct 5, 2009
Chris said:
AandA8104 said:

I hadn't heard that, but I can ask a contact in the communications office if that will indeed be happening.

That would be great. We're planning on letting them wear their costums anyway, but it would be neat if they were.

Wings

in The Vault
Sep 28, 2009
New York
It appears that everyone has their own very different opinion on each of the mazes.

On another note, who is going to HoS 11 this weekend!?

Sep 23, 2009
I'll be going, I'm trying to continue the trend of at least two visits per weekend.

Sep 23, 2009
AandA8104 said:
Chris said:
AandA8104 said:

That would be great. We're planning on letting them wear their costums anyway, but it would be neat if they were.

Alright, I just got a definitive no to any trick-or-treating event planned on Halloween from the Communications Office. I'm sure they'll still have fun in their costumes regardless.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad