Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Reactions: deacfan31
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I was so excited when I had a chance to ride it and hated it right away.

I know the old Nickelodeon building is used for something, I just don't know what. But it would be nice to see that taken out and have the potential of that space being an expansion plot for Universal, because it feels like even with the introduction of Epic Universe they need some extra land.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I was so excited when I had a chance to ride it and hated it right away.

I know the old Nickelodeon building is used for something, I just don't know what. But it would be nice to see that taken out and have the potential of that space being an expansion plot for Universal, because it feels like even with the introduction of Epic Universe they need some extra land.

The Grinchmas show is in that building, and my Unmasking the Horror tour met at the complex, as well.

Weirdly enough every time I’ve ridden it, it’s really smooth aside form just being a little shaky in valleys.

To be fair, it isn't bad (although we think maybe it is easier on women than men). I like the music element. It has way too many brakes, however.

Also there is a fun game we play. We never call it "Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket." We pick three random "R" words. For example: "Roaring Rooster Roundabout...in Hollywood." The goal is never to reuse any names, and to make them up on the fly, during conversations. (It is way more entertaining than it sounds.)

The 3R game is in my opinion this attraction's only redeeming feature now that they have ruined the music component.

Regular Rigorous Reinvestment ... in Hollywood

ok, here it what I think its going to happen: rockit gets sold to someone (maybe the same park that bought g force?), and they going to replace it with a new roller coaster (something like a hyper coaster from universal Japan), and half of the ride (which is in the New York section), gets replaced by a ghostbusters ride and that new hyper coaster could be the anchor of the new land replacing the old nickelodeon studios building (they have to move a lot of offices from that building (but still, they missed a great opportunity of putting villain con in the old nickelodeon studios building instead of Shrek 4d which would been easily been turned into universal's answer to the great movie ride), for the mean, I guess something like universal dream would work fine

This ride is always hit or miss, with some cars being smooth and some being really rough. It will simply be scrapped.

I tend to believe the rumors of its demise since it was mentioned by Alicia on Orlando Park Stop. She's been right on the money with all of her rumors and reporting on Universal, and her understanding is this will be replaced with an Intamin "drift" coaster similar to the one under construction in Hollywood, but currently not expected to be Fast & Furious themed like the one out there. Apparently the idea may be a Ghost Busters coaster, with the entrance through the old firehouse facade. Don't expect too much to change, with the coaster replacing it pretty much taking the same space.

Of course with Universal EVERYTHING is subject to change at a moments notice-- they will quite often cancel or change projects just weeks before they were scheduled to break ground. In the time I've lived here in Orlando they've been ready to pull the trigger on several projects, even preparing to close attractions and relocate workers to other areas, then changed their mind just before the project was supposed to begin. Kid Zone alone was scheduled to close twice (and didn't) for other projects before they finally settled on Dream Works Land.

I actually legit like this ride. Even at its roughest, the airtime is still surreal enough that I'll ride it a second or third ride if single rider or standby is short enough. I always try to ride it at least once per visit.

Some visits it has been hurting my back lately. Those days the ride is a one and done for me.

Reactions: Furyous Baco 325
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad