Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Owls R A Hoot

Mother, you're driving me insane
Sep 9, 2012
North Carolina <3
Love this video. There was another version they showed on the Today Show yesterday and it must have been during the second trip on the coaster but Jimmy gets a look on his face like he is going to get sick. :D lol
This video is awesome. I've watched it 3 times now. I can't stop laughing.
Can't wait to ride this coaster again next month.

Reactions: Unagi
Mar 30, 2010
wow, so when you ride it twice in a row, do you at least get some complimentary tylenol for that headache?

Jul 22, 2010
Universal did a great job at putting a not so great ride in the spotlight. AS a result people WANT to ride it and people WILL book just go and experience it. It filling the backdrop of those performances in HD hands now was extremely picturesque. I applaud them for how they did that.

b.mac

Wild Mouse Nerd
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Atlantis said:
Universal did a great job at putting a not so great ride in the spotlight.  AS a result people WANT to ride it and people WILL book just go and experience it.  It filling the backdrop of those performances in HD hands now was extremely picturesque.  I applaud them for how they did that.
Still a giant pile of crap, but a polished and shiny giant pile of crap. People have their opinions and all but anyone who has this in their top 25 really needs to set their destinations to parks that aren't named 'Disney' and 'Universal.'

Sep 30, 2015
I'm new here so sorry bout reviving old threads, but I loved this ride the first time I rode it. I was new to coasters then and thought this was a lot of fun. It did leave one heck of a bruise on my leg when I rode it thought. I think the lap bar pinched my leg during the ride. First ride was front seat too randomly. I've not liked coasters since I was little so finally forced myself on them. Ended up riding this 4x the day we were there since it had a 5 min wait time. This was last October.

Reactions: Nicole

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
To be fair, it isn't bad (although we think maybe it is easier on women than men).  I like the music element.  It has way too many brakes, however.

Also there is a fun game we play. We never call it "Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket." We pick three random "R" words. For example: "Roaring Rooster Roundabout...in Hollywood." The goal is never to reuse any names, and to make them up on the fly, during conversations. (It is way more entertaining than it sounds.)

Reactions: Shane and Tony

Pretzel Kaiser

Advisory Panel
Apr 5, 2011
The day that they announced that Shockwave was closing was the same day that I saw a preview of Sharknado 3 where the coaster was destroyed in the movie.

It was a good day.

Reactions: Shane
Aug 23, 2013
Arlington
Rough Rickety Rollercoaster

Really Rough Rider

Risky Rapid Rearend

Nicole said:
To be fair, it isn't bad (although we think maybe it is easier on women than men).  I like the music element.  It has way too many brakes, however.

Also there is a fun game we play.  We never call it "Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket."  We pick three random "R" words.  For example: "Roaring Rooster Roundabout...in Hollywood."  The goal is never to reuse any names, and to make them up on the fly, during conversations.  (It is way more entertaining than it sounds.)

Reactions: MAZ and Nicole
Sep 30, 2015
They had to shut it down the day we were there because of lightning in the area, but with about 40 minutes left till close, they cranked it back up and no one was in the line. That is where I immediately headed since we were near the front of the park. I closed out the day with a double non-stop final run to close down the park.

Apr 9, 2013
Pretzel Kaiser said:
The day that they announced that Shockwave was closing was the same day that I saw a preview of Sharknado 3 where the coaster was destroyed in the movie.

It was a good day.
Fun fact: I attended Universal the week they filmed the DC segments of Sharknado 3. Sadly, no one was injured and no shitty roller coasters were harmed.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad