Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Not only has Banbury Cross gotten rid of the London Rocks music in favor of just classical music (thank GOODNESS), but there’s an interesting development in New France too: it seems like the area has gone back to its original (at least early 2000s era) soundtrack of pure instrumental bluegrass. I recognized several songs from Jerry Douglas’ “Everything is Gonna Work Out Fine” album, which made up the majority of the area’s music in the old AB days.

It’s almost sort of a shame, because I’d finally gotten used to New France’s newer soundtrack. I honestly liked the vibe of the accordions and old-timey folk songs in the newer soundtrack, like the Blackfly Song and even the Gordon Lightfoot songs. It was a nice mix of feeling like an old trapper’s village and a relaxing, reflective mood. I wish they would’ve just added the OG New France songs in addition to the newer stuff, because my biggest complaint about the pre-2020 Soundtrack was that it was too short and repetitive.

Also, funny enough, this means New France and Kings Dominion’s Old Virginia now share the same soundtrack - or at least part of it.

Apr 28, 2019
The first one is String Quartet in F Major: IV Vif et Agité. The second song is the end of Zigeunerweisen, Op. 20 by Pablo de Sarasate

The complete playlist is as follows:
1: The Augurs of Spring: Dances of the Young Girls by Igor Stravinsky
2: Roman festivals: I. Circenses by Respighi
3: Montagues and Capulets by Prokofiev
4: Pompeii Tag by Gary Lensenmayer *
5: Zigeunerweisen, Op. 20 by Pablo de Sarasate
6: String Quartet in F Major: IV Vif et Agité
7: The Planets by Gustav Holst

I am working on the proper order of the songs right at this moment. Track 4 is an original song composed specifically for Escape from Pompeii, by Gary Lensenmayer. The song plays at seemingly random intervals throughout the playlist. You can hear certain motifs of this song inside the ride’s show building; most prominently, from the piccolo heard somewhere between the main chamber and the overhead fire scene. That piccolo is one of my favorite parts of the score, but for over a year, the speaker(s) that plays that instrument longer seems to work. ?
Do you have any idea which of the Planets by Holst are played there? There are a lot of different parts to it.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Sep 29, 2009
Do you have any idea which of the Planets by Holst are played there? There are a lot of different parts to it.

Thanks for pointing that out! Mars is the only theme that they play.

Also, since someone asked earlier in this thread; I haven’t been able to get the track playing-order yet, since at least the official theme song seems to play at random intervals. As you can imagine, that realization kind of threw my musical memory off. ?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Apr 17, 2017
Why couldn't they play Funiculi Funicula outside Pompeii? It's literally about the funicular railway that used to scale Vesuvius before it got destroyed by an eruption. I also now realized this sounds at Kings Dominion's I-Street too when I was there last summer.

Would I be surprised if somebody got caught singing this in the shower?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad