Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I spoke too soon! The park just announced Condemned on Facebook! Interesting to see that the logo for the attraction is “The Inn at Darkside Manor: Condemned.”

I recognize parts of the maze from the old incarnation, so I know this video was actually filmed inside!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When should they start setting up (in the streets/Facades)? I'd Think that they have at least started to make facades by now.

I have an updated answer to your question. I was at the park for a little bit today and to my surprise, much of Cleaver Brothers Carnival was up (some of the props that are usually in the grass, such as the bearded lady and that clown with beans, have been moved to various parts of the midway. I’m not sure if this is WinterFest-related or if they just haven’t moved them into their permanent positions yet). Also, Lockdown’s towers were up and in position with the stand for the electric chair being present (but without the chair itself for some reason). Hopefully The Yard will have a lot of new stuff and it won’t depend too much on Lockdown’s facade. I saw nothing else notable anywhere else in the park other than some WinterFest construction (will say more in that thread).

Also, those two creatures from the old No Vacancy facade are still peeking behind the Christmas decorations at the Action Theater... maybe they are a teaser after all.

In addition to the Cleaver Brothers stuff, the guard towers are up outside Lockdown, and they've moved the enclosure that had the electrocuted mannequin in it that used to be outside of, I think Urgent Scare? No mannequin though. Judging by the lack of decorations elsewhere in Safari Village, I'm guessing The Yard will be confined to the area immediately outside of Lockdown. Not a lot of room, and not even centrally located in the area like Kuru Curse was.

No other decorations at all. They've got a lot of uninterrupted time to prepare, but I was surprised there were NO other decorations. I feel like having at least the stuff out on I street it a nice teaser for Haunt, but they seem to really be actively NOT promoting the even this year for some reason.

Attachments

• 20180903_182536.jpg
    20180903_182536.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180903_182538.jpg
    20180903_182538.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180903_182546.jpg
    20180903_182546.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: jeffh
In addition to the Cleaver Brothers stuff, the guard towers are up outside Lockdown, and they've moved the enclosure that had the electrocuted mannequin in it that used to be outside of, I think Urgent Scare? No mannequin though. Judging by the lack of decorations elsewhere in Safari Village, I'm guessing The Yard will be confined to the area immediately outside of Lockdown. Not a lot of room, and not even centrally located in the area like Kuru Curse was.

No other decorations at all. They've got a lot of uninterrupted time to prepare, but I was surprised there were NO other decorations. I feel like having at least the stuff out on I street it a nice teaser for Haunt, but they seem to really be actively NOT promoting the even this year for some reason.

I’m hopeful that there will be more stuff for The Yard, considering that none of the prison stuff set up is new. Also that’s a VERY small area for a scare zone... I’m expecting more stuff soon.

And I agree, I think it’s odd how little they’ve promoted the event so far other than a couple of teasers on Facebook/Twitter. They should’ve posted the new stuff on the Haunt site last week once they were found; there doesn’t seem to be a good reason for holding out. I also thought it was odd that they teased Condemned first, considering that the maze is probably the biggest headliner for this year (I would’ve teased The Yard first and then Condemned a day or two later...). Maybe they’re gonna hype up The Yard more since it’s the first new scare zone since 2012.

Reactions: Mushroom and phurst
The map for Haunt has been found!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Nicole
Well this confirms that Twisted Timbers WILL be open for Haunt I would say since it's listed on the map/legend, even with Blood on the Bayou open. Also, the map confirms that The Yard will be around the FOF plaza/maybe towards the Anaconda plaza and not where PrimEvil was.

Side note: It's a little disappointing that there will be nothing on the Chick-fil-A walkway to replace Feary Tales. That's going to be a dead area of the park with lots of pedestrian traffic. Hopefully, even though it is not a scare zone they will decorate it and maybe even keep the twinkling lights/fog from Feary Tales.

Well this confirms that Twisted Timbers WILL be open for Haunt I would say since it's listed on the map/legend, even with Blood on the Bayou open. Also, the map confirms that The Yard will be around the FOF plaza/maybe towards the Anaconda plaza and not where PrimEvil was.

Side note: It's a little disappointing that there will be nothing on the Chick-fil-A walkway to replace Feary Tales. That's going to be a dead area of the park with lots of pedestrian traffic. Hopefully, even though it is not a scare zone they will decorate it and maybe even keep the twinkling lights/fog from Feary Tales.

I didn’t even think to check that. Very interesting to see as I didn’t think there were many changes in that area of Bayou’s queue. That should be interesting. They should update the website immediately with that info. (Edit: they have)

I was worried about The Yard not occupying much space and being too close to Lockdown. This basically confirms Lockdown’s towers will be used for the zone. Still excited for the zone... but I hope there’s something that saves it from just being an “outside version of Lockdown.”

Last edited:
Reactions: phurst and Hokie305
If anyone sees any commercials for KD's Haunt on TV, please let me know... I saw a post on Facebook where someone said they saw the ad but I haven't seen it myself yet. Also, let me know what channel you see it on. Thanks!

Only a few more days until Haunt!!!

We have discovered an unannounced scare zone: Stinger.

It is located in the courtyard between Twisted Timbers and Windseeker. The area is themed to bees and yellow jackets, and includes no human scare actors.

I have observed these innovative, flying scares producing similar responses to BGW's chainsaw-wielding roaming hordes.

We believe some elements of this scare zone can be found as far as the other end of Candy Apple Grove, as well.

Last edited:
We have discovered an unannounced scare zone: Stinger.

It is located in the courtyard between Twisted Timbers and Windseeker. The area is themed to bees and yellow jackets, and includes no human scare actors.

I have observed this innovative, flying scares producing similar responses to BGW's chainsaw-wielding roaming hordes.

We believe some elements of this scare zone can be found as far as the other end of Candy Apple Grove, as well.

The Scare is Everywhere. Bees have overrun the park. i had one successfully get inside my souvenir cup.

It is seriously disturbing here. Huge crowds are running back and forth. We have seen people being punched. No one seems angry; there is just a dangerous level of energy.

Security seems overwhelmed and I don't understand why the actors haven't been pulled from Clever Brothers.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad