Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Grimm Provisions (Grizzly Gulch Store): 6/5

Not only does it have amazing merchandise but the park really invested in the theming in this store. The cottage façade, the trailer, and GrimmWoods sign are all new, and show that this maze must be sticking around for a while.

Great review of Saturday's Haunt, @MusicEnlightens. I'm also glad you brought up the new theming in the Grimm Provisions store, as that really was quite a (pleasant) surprise addition to see in this year's event.

And as I don't recall any photos of those props posted yet:

IMG_5680.jpg
IMG_5682.jpg
IMG_5684.jpg

Personally I would have preferred the cottage facade moved directly to the trailhead, at the start of the GrimmWoods maze itself; vs hidden in the gift shop when exiting the maze.

(But maybe it wasn't because it reads "GrimmWood" vs "GrimmWoods" 😉)

IMG_5712.jpg
 
I’m guessing Plague Productions built this scenery.

I've been wondering if they're responsible for the notable lighting and sound improvements visible in most of this year's returning houses too. The audio in Grimm especially felt very Plague Productions-coded to me (don't make me examine what I mean by that—it may just mean quality, I don't know—just my first thought after walking out of the house).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mushroom
Isn’t the room after the hanging characters (themed to an outside garden) supposed to be storm related? I swear I went through it once a few years ago and loud thunder/storm effects were present, but every time since it’s just been nothing. The room itself is actually really well themed (best in the maze I’d say) but if we’re not even sure what the fear theme of that room is, that’s a problem.
Yes, that scene is supposed to be storm-themed. It is one of few scenes in the maze that dates back to 21. In my opinion, it was the best-looking scene in 21 and is still the best-looking scene in Fear.

Some changes to Fear that I don’t like include the way that the tarp in the fear of heights scene is completely pulled back and tied together, which ruins the illusion of being high up on scaffolding. They improved that scene in the maze’s first year later in the season by adding the tarp and changing the color of the lighting from blue to red, but this year they have once again defeated the purpose of the illusion, which is to evoke a fear of heights. What started as a poorly executed illusion was improved drastically, but now they ruined that effect.

I also don’t like how they added plastic curtains to the mirror maze. It makes the mirror maze less confusing and disorienting, though I can understand if they did that for improved guest flow.

Overall, Fear is the biggest downgrade of the event for me this year and I hope they can find something decent to replace it soon.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad