Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Hmmm... I'm not buying it- not yet at least. Also, for the record, all I've heard is still pointing towards 2015/2016. I you're expecting anything this big for next year, you'll likely be very disappointed.

[url=http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_williamsburg.htm]Screamscape[/url] said:
With BGW adding nothing new in 2013, this begs the question about just what they may be planning for 2014 then. Historically, whenever BGW seemed to skip adding a new attraction in any given year, they usually had something quite good in the works for the following year.

For example, the park added nothing in 2004, but added Curse of DarKastle in 2005. They followed this up with nothing in 2006, but added Griffon in 2007, then taking 2008 off, but adding the new Sesame Street land in 2009.

Whatever they have planned, the former Drachen Fire site is very likely to be the location of choice. There has been a lot of speculation for what may come to this site as well over the years, including rumors of an expansion to the Oktoberfest area, or possibly used for a new themed country… with Spain being heavily rumored in past years. A new train depot here along the existing tracks is almost a given at this point, as well as a new roller coaster. One old the older rumors, going along with the Spain rumor, indicated that a wooden coaster, the park’s first, could be chosen for the site as well.

While these older rumors have faded while the park spent the last two years transforming the old Big Bad Wolf site into Verbolten, I do have to wonder if they are ready for a new coaster…. Especially a wooden one given the problems the Tampa park seems to have been having over the past few years with their single wooden coaster, Gwazi. This is one reason I bring all this up again… because half of Gwazi sits closed, and the rumors coming from people in Florida indicate that Gwazi’s unused trains could be sent to Williamsburg for an unknown future ride. There is also a very hot new trend in the industry right now… a lot of parks are wanting to try out a wooden coaster with an inversion.

There are 3 opening in 2013 alone… two from Rocky Mountain Coasters (Outlaw Run & Iron Rattler) and the conversion of Hades into Hades 360 from Gravity Group. At IAAPA 2012 in a few interviews with Great Coasters (who built Gwazi and it’s fairly new Millenium Flyer trains) they also claimed that they have been ready to build an inversion on one of their wooden coasters as well for years. Could BGW be the first ones to take GCI up on that claim? Time will tell… there are no new rumors from Williamsburg indicating anything just yet… so for now consider this my own bit of speculation on what we could see in 2014. (If I were calling the shots, I know I’d do it…)
Source

RE: Gwazi Trains Headed to Williamsburg?

As we've discussed before, the best site for a wooden coaster would be between Banbury and Killarney.

Lance obviously doesn't know anything about Williamsburg. A woodie in that spot would be way to close to Kings Mill anyway.

If/when Gwazi gets the RMC treatment, I could see SWP&E hoping to reuse those brand new Millennium Flyers though, but I am not sold on it being for Williamsburg. Maybe San Antonio could get a nice GCI and use those trains. San Antonio is OVERDUE for a new coaster.

It was said already on the AC thread as to why a wooden coaster has not been built at BGW thus far.. NOISE! Especially with the chronic complainers next door. I will take this with a grain of salt right now.

Reactions: Party Rocker

Shane said:
If/when Gwazi gets the RMC treatment, I could see SWP&E hoping to reuse those brand new Millennium Flyers though, but I am not sold on it being for Williamsburg.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Whether BGT burns Gwazi to the ground or they bring in RMC to completely redo the thing, there's still going to be four brand new Millennium Flyers on the table and, unfortunately, if they're kept in the chain, I think Williamsburg is the only sensible destination. SeaWorld San Diego just got a MACK launch coaster and SeaWorld Orlando faces the same humidity and weather problems Busch Gardens Tampa has with Gwazi. SeaWorld San Antonio could be a possibility but I don't see how they could market a GCI woodie when RMC now has two amazing woodies in Texas. With that said, I really don't want a GCI at Busch Gardens Williamsburg...

Reactions: Party Rocker

By the way, something BIG is coming next years isnt it? I mean MONSTER STOMP REVAMPED AGAIN...right? :p

But in all seriousness, I do love a good woodie. It would be nice to have one at BGW!

I guess this brings up a question. Is there really anything big planned for next year? If there was wouldn't we start hearing some murmurs soon? The only things we've heard are a show in England and monster stomp may come back for 2014.

pandorazboxx said:
I guess this brings up a question. Is there really anything big planned for next year? If there was wouldn't we start hearing some murmurs soon? The only things we've heard are a show in England and monster stomp may come back for 2014.

We have heard murmurs and trust me, you want the Globe show to be the only new thing for next year. Scott's desk holds terrifying concepts.

Zachary said:
pandorazboxx said:

We have heard murmurs and trust me, you want the Globe show to be the only new thing for next year. Scott's desk holds terrifying concepts.

Leprechaun Haunted houses, My Little Pony, Entwined action figures, turning Bistro 205 into a disco, turning Festa into Bratislava(see EuroTrip), stuff like that.

pandorazboxx said:
I guess this brings up a question. Is there really anything big planned for next year? If there was wouldn't we start hearing some murmurs soon? The only things we've heard are a show in England and monster stomp *will* come back for 2014.

Fixed that ;)

But honestly, I am hoping and praying Scott doesn't get to see his concepts long lived in the park. Some of the stuff could be considered disturbing to many of us enthusiasts.

I don't see a woodie at B.G. orking. It would definitely cause a lot of noise, which I think would ruin the parks beauty. If people think Mach Tower is bad with noise, then what would people say about a woodie? I think a new coaster is possible, just not a woodie.

Party Rocker said:
Some of the stuff could be considered disturbing to many of us enthusiasts.

No, there are things there that would make the toll booth replacement look like a light bulb change. The general public grumbled and moaned about that. They'd flip cars if Scott got what he wants for 2014.

I consider that disturbing, perhaps I just need to stop think about me and think about you guys :p

Reactions: Brandon

Back on note for the Gwazi MiFly's coming to BGW for 2014/2015. It's incredibly unlikely to happen due to the noise restrictions on the park, especially in the area Lance proposed. Given that Kingsmill doesn't raise a stink of the ages about it and they actually allow the coaster to be built, there's very little space for a wooden coaster in that area unless you want to start tearing down trees. GCI is not familiar with trees, and their only time building near trees (Prowler) they basically cleaned house. So even if they did choose to build out into the woods a little (crossing over the railroad) you'll have a lot of open space around the track due to their construction habits.

On another note, there are 4 MiFly's that Gwazi has. 4 trains are a lot for any normal coaster, even Millennium Force. Most traditional wooden coasters stray no more than 2 trains. So IF this rumor has any merit to it, BGW could only be using 2 trains for use and have either the other two in storage or a 1 for storage, 1 for parts set-up.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad