Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm obviously in no position to argue, but in other threads the pipeline has been brought up as a "no build zone". Looking at an aerial, it appears (other than walk/roadways) BGW has opted to shy away from "additional coordination"-such as special supports for LNM were designed to span it. The only things I see built in the pipeline right-of-way are in Scotland.

View attachment 19508

Regardless, I agree there's a lot of room. How they use it is dependant upon what they think the market will bear. It would make no financial sense to undergo a massive expansion if they don't see a strong ROI.
The pipeline runs between the Scotland rain shelter and the train tracks, there was a nice Sawtooth oak on the pipeline that was approved back in the day that had to be removed many years later. There are places where the pipe is many feet deep, along the road to Admin building, and some places it is only about 6'deep.

Regardless of any expansion, I think they need to get more of a balance in ride attractions. Last year was Finnegan's (48"), this year Pantheon (52") and 2021 "Drachen Spire" (probably 52"). And yhey took out the Kiddie Swing. If they're going to appeal to families, they needed to consider addressing this lack of medium/docile attractions.

I think the park is going to wait until a final corporate decision is made about whether or not a future Sesame Place park going to be built before the park adds more kiddie or more expensive tame family rides (read small family coaster). A smaller flat that could be moved inexpensively would still be a possibility. If I remember correctly SPSD will fulfill SEAS obligation but there was a comment that future parks are a possibility.

I think the park is going to wait until a final corporate decision is made about whether or not a future Sesame Place park going to be built before the park adds more kiddie or more expensive tame family rides (read small family coaster). A smaller flat that could be moved inexpensively would still be a possibility. If I remember correctly SPSD will fulfill SEAS obligation but there was a comment that future parks are a possibility.
Per their licensing agreement SEAS committed to opening a Sesame Place by mid 2021. After that they were permitted to building more SPs as they saw fit. They just had to have one of them open by mid 2021

Well... What flats do you realistically think the park could get, where would they go, and what would their themes be?

I for one am with @Nicole with more animals. I remember growing up riding the train around BGW they use to have some animals in various places. So, also I would love for them to even do a ride where it could be interactive and involve Conservation. You go on a mission to help save the last of certain species such as the wolves, birds, bears,etc. Maybe tie it in to where the Jack Hannah Wolf area is. Maybe be a type of dark ride, boat ride or combo. Then to add to them making money the gift shop exit they could set up where you can create and adopt the animals for your journey to become an Animal Conservation member. I for one would probably spend more money so my nephews could create their own plush animal and help at the same time teach them the importance of those animals. It could be a win win type of ride attraction, It could also add some flats for the kiddos too. They could even do a nice family coaster like the ones my nephews and myself loved at Dollywood the inverted one, and they even enjoyed riding the bear type ride. It could be a great way to fill some voids and finally have some nice themeing, a story line, and interactive area, and tie in with SEAS Conservation. Plus, being an animal lover and enjoy parks it could be a great way to mix the two.
I guess this is why I now do what I do for Uni, and while even typing this out, there are tons of ideas running thru my head of how to do the area, rides and even do maybe seasonal layovers for the Animal Conservation ride, and maybe bring the penguins back to the park. It is also could be a great learning experience for families to do together and help out for a great cause.

The drawback with the existing wild reserve space is that there's not much room for larger animals, and there's a need to make it immersive for guests.

If they took out the outdoor theatre and used the space for another habitat it could be large enough for something, but the problem would be that the lorikeet cage is still the most immersive/interactive element.

Petting zoo is an interesting idea which though they've done before, there was more space for the animals in those locations. I could see another small reptile/insect zone where the cabanas are (I remember something like that was there when I was a kid), but maybe they can stick a larger one by Pantheon if they could figure out the pathways to get guests to the new stables.

Cedar Point actually has a good petting zoo, kind of surprising for a park focused mostly on coasters.

It's been a dream of mine for years. One like Starry Sky ripper but on a larger scale like Tatsu or Flying Dinosaur. I created a concept for one where "Project 2021" is proposed to be built before it was leaked.

Oh I would love to see that mock-up.

Reactions: AIR
I created it in NoLimits 2 along with a lot of the concept in the Festhaus Park Utilization thread.
Here is the POV though:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that would be so awesome

I think another dark ride should go in the Old DarKastle building instead of just an event space

This is a case where the park's focus on opening closer to year-round basically killed the idea of a DarKastle replacement: it allows them to keep up Santa's Workshop and a Haunted House all year, which makes turnover much easier.

Reactions: BGWnut
This is a case where the park's focus on opening closer to year-round basically killed the idea of a DarKastle replacement: it allows them to keep up Santa's Workshop and a Haunted House all year, which makes turnover much easier.
Yeah probably won’t happen anytime soon but maybe one day in the future

I was thinking a gerstlauer euro-fighter and doing an indoor and outdoor ride in the old darkastle building. Build more towers to hide the lift system and add near miss elements as well as maybe take it over the walk way into the ravine across the path?

Attachments

• 5275904D-A3AB-4D55-8675-0A0FF80F6F91.jpeg
    5275904D-A3AB-4D55-8675-0A0FF80F6F91.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 1
  • D6FF9350-0443-4EC2-8B55-7335BA6A1932.jpeg
    D6FF9350-0443-4EC2-8B55-7335BA6A1932.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 1
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad