Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Advisory Panel
Oct 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA
Yes, and cathedrals are even more grand than many castles... meaning it'd be even harder to make a shop of that size into a cathedral.

Dec 23, 2011
I say if they scaled down the size of what an actual cathedral would look like, it may work. As long as thing look proportional it should look fine. But honestly, anything is better than what they have now. The walls now just look plain, flat, and just decent. Anything else would be a blessing, you must at least agree with that.

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Advisory Panel
Oct 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA
I've already stated that the building needs some pizzazz, I was merely pointing out that the idea of a cathedral facade was both unnecessary and improbable.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Ok- I have to say something here. I have always thought this was supposed to replicate a French castle not a Cathedral. Cathedrals have spires that are extremely narrow- tall and normally have crosses on top, not to mention more elaborate/ intricate stone work. Here is an actual French castle: http://www.destination360.com/europe/france/castles

I thinking drinking wine in a French castle is completely appropriate.

::sigh::

As I found out Preview- the wine shop is not operational as of yet. I am guessing there is more work to be done; patience is a virtue.

Dec 23, 2011
Can we at least some more of that architecture and design go into the buildings? Or how about a mix of cathedral and castle? It definitely needs something.

I am also very disappointed and mainly concerned that the pathway does not lead to the second door as well! This is very inappropriate! The pathway has always led to a door or on the main pathway! They changed the pathway in England to fit the new door there, why not in France! I will make my complaint known!

Sep 29, 2009
I have to admit, I actually agreed with what Scott said about the France section. What Party Rocker was saying gave me a few ideas. I know sometimes we don't like change that much to our beloved park, but I think it's about time for this village to get a massive renovation. Notice that this is probably the only area of the park where they could easily pull off for forced perspective. To some extent, in that hamlet they already do. I liked the original idea for Aquitaine; to highlight the peaceful, pretty side of France. At this point however, I think they've messed that up too much to just go plainly based off of what they already have.

May 27, 2011
Maybe some of you might have missed the connection I posted a few pages back between St. Michael and Aquitaine. So settle down the arguement. :)... the Basilica of St. Michael in Bordeaux, Aquitaine is not a cathedral. It is a Basilica. So the building can be just a church. :)
I thought it ironic that someone mentioned that drinking wine in a church didn't seem appropriate. Wine and church go together like bread and butter.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
How do they look now? :shocked:

Attachments

• France doors 1.JPG
    France doors 1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 122
  • France doors 2.JPG
    France doors 2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
  • France doors 3.JPG