Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
it's an animated loop? I'm on chrome with a black custom theme and it looks like some kind of hill thing. It's not really recognizable IMO. I just checked it out on firefox and it's still kinda eh. it's a neat gimmick I guess, but shouldn't the favicon represent the parkfans brand? I would get it if the loop was part of the park fans logo or something.

I'm not trying to offend anyone's work on the favicon, just discussing it here.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Yes, all ParkFans favicons are currently animated however, for whatever reason, Chrome doesn't support animated favicons and will simply show the first frame of the animation. Ideally ParkFans would get a logo of some kind and then we could use an iteration of that for a favicon (like what is done on BGWFans and KDFans). The question is, what logo fits with ParkFans?

We'd probably just commission something from Applesauce again as we did for BGWFans and KDFans. We just don't know what we want. :p

Zachary said:
We'd probably just commission something from Applesauce again as we did for BGWFans and KDFans. We just don't know what we want. :p

We like her work, and the style of art for those two logos is what we are looking for. We could do a contest for ideas. The girl can make virtually anything.

Reactions: Zachary
If possible, I'd like to be able to see the previous usernames of a member, kind of like a "previously known as" thing. As a relatively new member, it was kind of hard to sort out the older names people have used, such as AeonOne, Swiftman, Smitty, ScoutN, etc. in older posts. Would it be possible to have quoted instances of the name changed? e.g. "Swiftman wrote:" being changed to "Zachary wrote:"?

Reactions: BBW and Brandon
My only issues was what to call them, by their new name or previous name :p But I think the idea of seeing previous names might be kind've different. I have no strong feelings on the thought.

You know how we have threads in attractions for the rides or threads in the shows forum for the shows, where do insider tours go? everything else or attractions? It'd be nice to post a bunch of them like we do with the rides and update on them when people take the tour. just a thought.

The main problem with Natoma's idea is that it's not something that the software has kept up with from the beginning and thus, it wouldn't be able to show previous name changes. While something could be added that would allow it to work for future changes, it may be something that's easier to track by hand. I'll see what I can do.

As for Pandora's idea, I like it. I'll try to get a structured Tours subforum up sometime tonight.

Reactions: Natoma
Ben said:
I brought this up in a different thread, but would forum tagging work? Such as: @Zachary said blah blah

It works on WDWmagic, why not here?

I'm pretty sure this can be done but would anyone find it annoying? I don't know if I'd want a private message every time someone mentions me... :-/

If there's demand, I'm sure we could try it though.

I don't see how it could get annoying at all, @Zachary. I mean it's not like everyone has anything to say to @Zachary all the time or anything like that. I'm sure I speak for everyone here, including @Zachary, that it would cause no problems of any sort. @Zachary.

Not to bag on the new addition to the site or anything, but may I suggest that BGTFans' forum index be moved to the bottom listing of the three officially covered parks on the ParkFans main index? Not a big issue, but I feel like BGTFans will get less traffic/attention than the two local parks that have already been part of the site, so I feel like it would make sense for it to be at the bottom ( listed BGW, KD, BGT) of the list so the site is the easiest to get around.

Basically, here's how it is now:

Attachments

• BGT 1st.PNG
    BGT 1st.PNG
    138.6 KB · Views: 19
  • BGT 2nd.PNG
    BGT 2nd.PNG
    107.5 KB · Views: 22
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad