Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
^ It was fun last year, so this year it will be horrible. It has to be fun at least one time. :p

Extremely excited for this. Didn't get to attend this year so hopefully I'll get to this coming year. You're all saying more possible booths. After reading the reviews I see room for certain booths to get the boot and replacement to come in. I could see the ones with a smaller more isolated menu heading out - Belgium?

Sky

Reactions: Applesauce
Skyrider said:
Extremely excited for this. Didn't get to attend this year so hopefully I'll get to this coming year. You're all saying more possible booths. After reading the reviews I see room for certain booths to get the boot and replacement to come in. I could see the ones with a smaller more isolated menu heading out - Belgium?

Sky

But Belgian ales are the best. It would be criminal not to serve them.

As much as it pains me personally to say this, they should probably have fewer custard-based desserts next year. I personally love them, but even I had to admit they were probably over-represented.

Reactions: Planeteer and Sky
I had the "Tastes of Busch Gardens" food at the Pass Member event today it was excellent. It would be great to have these items added to the F&W menu for next year. And yes, new booths were hinted at during the announcement. Personally, I'd like to see a Slavic or Baltic country represented, i.e., Estonia, Ukraine, even Russia. Hopefully they will have the budget to expand on an already great event.

Attachments

• xx.JPG
    xx.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 52
Is this where we start brainstorming unsolicited ideas for the F&WF?

Seriously, my biggest objection last year was the heat. It may just be my personal problem, but I can't eat or drink very much when it is too warm. I'm not sure what the possible solution to that is, however, given Virginia's weather patterns.

Ironically, I grew up in Virginia's swamps. But I have clear memories of sitting listlessly on the couch, unable to contemplate food, except maybe some fruit and lemonade. Besides, eating is discouraged in dancers. You are never too young for body image issues!

Loved the scotch egg and coq au vin, too. (Although I still think the egg looked like an alien.) I'll have to go back to the menus to jog my memory. I recall really loving some of the food.

Reactions: Planeteer
Nic said:
Seriously, my biggest objection last year was the heat. It may just be my personal problem, but I can't eat or drink very much when it is too warm.

I'm the same way; I think they should do it in the cooler spring months. No doubt this is the reason EPCOT chose the fall...

Reactions: Nicole
Haberdasher1973 said:
Nic said:
Seriously, my biggest objection last year was the heat. It may just be my personal problem, but I can't eat or drink very much when it is too warm.

I'm the same way; I think they should do it in the cooler spring months. No doubt this is the reason EPCOT chose the fall...

Yes. But we all know Virginia. It can snow one day and be 70 degrees the next. Spring is probably the worst. And it rains all the time.

Maybe if they had more cold food. I really had to force myself to taste some of the hot stuff. Or maybe start it later in the day and stay open later. That early in the year, the sun goes down sooner.

Too bad it can't be combined with CT.

I think the park might offer more high end dining samples (like we saw during pass member) after the "success" of Food & Wine (adult grilled cheese?). The park knows people love it, next year the park is going to try to make it profitable.

There was a bistro last year, bit it was pricey and poorly marketed *ahem*. I think I'd the park tried it again and sold or as part as the F&W great it might do better.

Yeah. I never managed to have time to eat there. And then they closed it. Slightly bitter. Especially, since I think the culinary department does some really great things.

Reactions: Planeteer
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad