Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Staffing?
Not staffing in Finnigan's case the crew that had been running it moved over to Nessie and are running her so there is some reason that the park is running her and not Finnigan but I have no idea why.

I know why it and Griffon are down but I don’t know if I can say why. If @Zachary wants to post why he can.
Griffon was down tonight but was running last Thursday and Friday when Finnigan was down so I am not sure it's safe to assume that the down time has any direct relation.

Attachments

• 20210513_195907.jpg
    20210513_195907.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 10
Not staffing in Finnigan's case the crew that had been running it moved over to Nessie and are running her so there is some reason that the park is running her and not Finnigan but I have no idea why.
So that was my guess....they added Nessie and used the FF crew and added Alpie and are using Griffions crew like they have done a couple times when Griffon went down in the past couple months. By doing this the park can act like they are opening more rides when in reality they are not. Just my guess.

So that was my guess....they added Nessie and used the FF crew and added Alpie and are using Griffions crew like they have done a couple times when Griffon went down in the past couple months. By doing this the park can act like they are opening more rides when in reality they are not. Just my guess.
Griffon and Alpengeist have been running side by side for the last few weeks so I don't think Alpengeist has anything to do with it.

Finnegan’s has been running all winter. It honestly may be down for refurb. Now that it’s a year-round park that’s going to have to become a thing for some rides that are workhorses in the off-season. BGT closes most coasters for a few weeks each season for refurb, though there are a few that they’ll only close every few seasons because they can apparently take more of a beating (cough... Cheetah Hunt).

Hearing an electrical transformer supplying power to the ride blew a few weeks ago. Assuming they are waiting on parts before repairs can be made.
I am fairly skeptical of a transformer being the cause of the closesure. I find it very unlikely that Finnigan would be the only thing on that Transformer and everything else is up and running.

Didn't someone mention that extra electrical components needed to be installed into the park's power grid supplying this ride during construction, and maybe one of those got fried?

I do remember there was also a larger discussion on park electrical grids needing to be potentially redone if they ever wanted to have a power-intensive attraction back in CoDK's building after this ride was constructed.

I am fairly skeptical of a transformer being the cause of the closesure. I find it very unlikely that Finnigan would be the only thing on that Transformer and everything else is up and running.
It’s not unusual for a ride to have its own transformer.

I got the green light on Finnegans test seat absolutely no problem……now if only it was actually open today 😭. B&M OTSRs are my worst enemy though sheesh.

• Love
Reactions: Mwe BGW
Didn’t have any luck with griffons test seat unfortunately but was good for AC, InvadR, Tempesto, Bolt and Nessie. I might just need somebody else to try buckling the belts instead.
You might try Alpengeist seat. I can fit with more then one click in Alpengeist regular seats but have a really to almost squeeze I. Griffon's regular ones and often times even the larger rider seats on it feel tight. Not sure why there is a difference as I thought they were the same seat model but there definitely is one.

Reactions: Le Moose
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad