Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Quick Contest -> Can anyone name all the "real" people pictured in that mural? Hint: There are 6 people I am talking about.

So, I've studied Marco Polo a bit, and I've concluded Festa is messed up in ways I never realized.
Marco Polo lived in Venice. That instantly shows a problem. Festa is not on top of the Rhine River.
So, the solution is either Festival Di Roma or Festival Di Venezia.

The most likely option by far being the first. It'd be hard to add canals all over.

Reactions: Party Rocker
I highly doubt Heatherdowns or Aquitaine are on the actual Rhine either. Festa isn't directly on top of the river in terms of park geography. San Marco is. The river runs close by Apollo, but that segment of the ride is far enough away anyway.

Theme park history/geography is never gonna be 100% accurate anyway.

Actually the proximities kind of work.

Polo was from Venice. San Marco takes its inspiration from St. Mark's Square in Venice (just recently there, ya'll need to go at least for a day). So Marco Polo's hometown is just a bridge away - creating some distance...

With how crazy people portray themselves about theme, I am shocked at the responses. That said, it may just be a theme park, but theming the terrain is attention to detail that is really quite amazing.

Reactions: MrLaptop
I'll elaborate why I agree with PR.
Venice has water. I didn't know Marco Polo lived on land. So there, I was wrong about water. If it was supposed to be themed to the water portion of Venice, I think it would have been reasonable to expect water. That's all I'm saying.

Now that I researched St Mark's square, I've concluded the theme is even worse. It doesn't look a thing like that place.

The solution? Perhaps drop the Marco Polo theme. So do Festival Di Roma.

^ If they did that, they wouldn't have to do any work; just keep it crappy and run-down. The park being on the brink of poverty and economic disaster and run by crappy bureaucrats is a bonus towards authentic Greek themeing.

Just what we've all always wanted: a permanent plinko game in Festa! Coming 2015.

But, uh seriously, what's the deal with the park's recent obsession with plinko games?

It's called adding something new. You could easily say oh geeze another coaster. What is the park's obsession with coasters? Obviously, they thought it was something new that they could try and it made money so now their keeping it around.

Party Rocker said:
It's called adding something new. You could easily say oh geeze another coaster. What is the park's obsession with coasters? Obviously, they thought it was something new that they could try and it made money so now their keeping it around.

It was sarcasm.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad