Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
or maybe they should just face they're fears and go into a maze and get spooked

ErinDawn said:
No, I like the idea of the sky ride as transport- what I feel like is that if you don't wanna be scared, then you don't need to be there in the first place. I really want them to amp it up and make it so no where is safe- bring the kids in the summer time, and the older folks can go then, too, but for the people who actually want it to be scary, they need to make it as big as possible this year- it is Howl-O-SCREAM.

thank your erindawn see somebody thinks my idear is smart, and i agree everything should be scary this year (except for seame forest)

But it is a primarily family theme park. They have further marketed themselves as such this year with their "KIDsiderate offer" allowing any VA resident under 9 get in for free. [Just as a note, believe it or not, this offer continues all the way though HoS.] Now I know someone will say that this is just a simple promotion, so, I found a nice quote from the description of the ticket: "...So spend some quality time with your family at the world’s most beautiful, KIDsiderate theme park"

As I said before, they need to get out of the middle of the road. If they are a family theme park then they need to provide "safe zones" so families can get around the park without being scared. The train, over the last few years, has been one of these routes. If, during the month of October, they are no longer "family friendly", at least after 5 pm, that should be clearly stated on the website. A warning about it should also be displayed when you try to buy a child's ticket during one of the HoS days.

I honestly don't have a problem with them going all out on HoS and making it the scariest event anyone has ever seen, as long as they make it clear that after 5 pm, families with kids might as well leave. (This is also a greater reason for a separately ticked event.)

No, I do not think that it should be a separately ticketed event- it's up to the parents to bring their kids home before 5.
It should be their responsibility, and they should have a sign by the entrance exclaiming just that.

Could you explain your reasoning behind not having it separatly ticketed?

The sign should not just be by the entrace, but also all over their site and when you try to buy a ticket. The front gate is a little late when you are visiting from another state. (Really didn't mean to do that. If you don't know what I'm talking about, reread the previous sentence.)

Yeah- on their site, whatever! You get the point.
I think it should not be separately ticketed because that would mean that I would not get to enjoy the freedom of being able to go in the day time, and ease on into the darkness of night, without having to leave and come back later on- I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be that way.
The parents should know better than to bring their kids to Howl-O-Scream, and then complain about it.

Just be patient. Good things are worth waiting for.

I really don't know why they would promise it so early... I'd say to wait till Mid August. Remember, we still have 2+ months.

Swiftman said:

I really don't know why they would promise it so early... I'd say to wait till Mid August. Remember, we still have 2+ months.
I bet someone was giving orders over the phone. He said Coming SOON, but the other guy heard Coming in June, so thats what he wrote...C'mon, it's possible.:p

CastleOSullivan said:
Swiftman said:

I bet someone was giving orders over the phone. He said Coming SOON, but the other guy heard Coming in June, so thats what he wrote...C'mon, it's possible.:p

Hahaha, I agree.

I think that Mid August is the latest they would do it because Out-Of-State People need to make travel plans by then.

The sand floor was really neat, but I really like Catacombs. I don't know they were all of my favorites!!! :) LOL I really liked Wicked Woods when they used to have it. The butcher was always a great actor. Does anybody remember Sweeney Todd in The Wicked Woods? When I went threw it the year he was supposed to be in there, it was animatronic.

coasterfan94 said:
The butcher almost hit me in the face with the meat clever so I was always cautious of him!
The meat cleaver was probably hardened foam rubber. I know there is a haunt industry company that manufactures fake weapons with foam rubber. They are very convincing.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad