Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
"Duuuuuude.....We're like all confuzzled & shit" - Cheech Marin.

We all know that they WILL eventually reuse that space for something else. Giving that there's probably enough area to create a decent sized dark ride, that's gonna be my final answer on the matter. If another movie/ride simulator is gone, what else would they do with all that space? Honestly?

Zachary said:
gardener14 said:
Is this true? Are the lines actually longer because of less staff? How about lines at the restaurants, are thy also affected? That's terrible if it's true.

The operations budget overall has been slashed. Expect less trains on coasters during non-peak times, less lines open at eateries, etc. :-/

Hey new to this forum. Decided to join with everything going on. Operations budgets have been slashed throughout the SeaWorld Parks chain. However the cutbacks seem to be the most severe at BGW.

I don't know who is in the know on this forum but there is alot of talk going on about BGW and BGT being up for sale. This has been talked about by people who have really good industry contacts on "magical" WDW forum. Just thought you guys might like to know.

Hate to see what is going on at BGW. I have been going to that park since it first opened. It is a world class park and one of the most unique and beautiful in the world.

Personally I dont think theres a snowballs chance this park will open next year under Seaworld ownership, given the budget cuts, and investment in updates in the park. Notice that both BGW and BGT have been rebranded with the same logos (the cheesy cloverleaf), and entrances to the parks have been updated the same, they will be sold together. I found an article dated Jan 2013 discussing how Blackstone was looking into whether to sell the parks or go IPO, and which companies were the most likely buyers. I could totally see Seaworld selling the BG's, and it would not suprise me if a deal was already in the works, hence the cut backs, and lack of interest in continuing agressive advertising.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201301/3330/

Reactions: Julia
cmoresps said:
Personally I dont think theres a snowballs chance this park will open next year under Seaworld ownership, given the budget cuts, and investment in updates in the park. Notice that both BGW and BGT have been rebranded with the same logos (the cheesy cloverleaf), and entrances to the parks have been updated the same, they will be sold together. I found an article dated Jan 2013 discussing how Blackstone was looking into whether to sell the parks or go IPO, and which companies were the most likely buyers. I could totally see Seaworld selling the BG's, and it would not suprise me if a deal was already in the works, hence the cut backs, and lack of interest in continuing agressive advertising.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201301/3330/

Too broad with too much speculation in that article. WAY WAY to broad and very far off from items I am hearing.

Reactions: Julia
What lies beyond this boarded up area will TERRIFY you...

Attachments

• EITA - boarded up HOS 1.JPG
    EITA - boarded up HOS 1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • EITA - boarded up HOS 2.JPG
    EITA - boarded up HOS 2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • EITA - HOS sign.JPG
    EITA - HOS sign.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: Mushroom
While the park may use the opportunity to prepare for HowlOScream while EiTA is closed, I think it's rather disingenuous to tell the public they closed EiTA in preparation for this reason. If that were truly the case under normal circumstances each year, then there would be very little of the main season when the ride would be open and that makes no sense at all.

cmoresps said:
Notice that both BGW and BGT have been rebranded with the same logos (the cheesy cloverleaf), and entrances to the parks have been updated the same, they will be sold together.

While BGT has adopted the new logo, it hasn't been the all at once changeover that BGW has taken with it. It has slowly been popping up more and more through the park in the last few months. However, except for the new advertising signs and banners, the new logo has not replaced any of the old ones in entrance areas at BGT.

Dr. Jay Money Ed.D said:
And it makes me mad because the Howl-O-Scream signage -- with its creepy font and weird, disembodied eyeball -- doesn't fit the Busch Gardens summer-time theme.

Am I impossible to please?

I'll let it pass because it's promoting a future park event like the bridge in Italy. That and it's nowhere as bad as the scaffolding.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad