Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
YES. That walk separates the asphalt expanse of the parking lot / kiosks and credit card zone from the actual enjoyable bits. Such a crucial transition. The same goes for the end of the day, too. Climbing the hill may not be everyone's favorite way to end a day of walking (or, increasingly it seems, scootering). But it's a great way to ease back into the lots.

It really is a great way to leave the real world behind and immerse yourself in the beauty and atmosphere of the park. I do hope they avoid adding any more screens in the area, I love the feeling of disappearing down into the world of Busch, and leaving everything else behind.

I typically park in England because I use the employee entrance. Every time I go to the park, I walk up the hill to the ticket area just to take in the beauty of this area. I love the small waterfall, little river, handicap walkway and just overall appearance. It really sets the mood for what is usually a great time in the park!!!

BGW's and HP's Entry Area's are two of my favorites because they aren't just a big plaza but there's thought and design to them.

@Joe is totally correct that the Entry Area is it's own distinct area from Banbury Cross and the rest of the park. That being said, there is still a deep rooted connection between the two areas both literally (by them being physically connected) and thematically.

All this talk about people's connection and experiences they have while walking through the Entry Area has reminded me of a sort of mini "essay post" I wrote in 2013 when there was significant discussion about a possible retheme of Banbury Cross. I wrote it before this Entry Area thread was created in 2015 but I think the feelings that this entire region of the park evokes is still relevant. Just remember the original context of that post in relation to a possible full retheme of Banbury Cross and my feelings on that.

Luckily the changes the park has made to the Entrance Area over the last several years have been minimal and haven't changed the atmosphere of the area. In my opinion, the new soundtrack that was added to the area a few years ago really helps add to the ambiance of the surroundings.

I typically park in England because I use the employee entrance. Every time I go to the park, I walk up the hill to the ticket area just to take in the beauty of this area. I love the small waterfall, little river, handicap walkway and just overall appearance. It really sets the mood for what is usually a great time in the park!!!

Agreed. Any time I bring someone to the park that has never been, I park in the regular preferred parking (France) lot rather than the England parking lot because I want them to have the full experience of that entry pathway before the turnstiles. I feel like it adds to the experience in a positive way for newcomers.

My favorite memory of the entry area were my trips as a little kid, when employees would hand out Eagle snacks (a small bag of honey roasted peanuts) on the way out at night. As a kid I just liked the free peanuts, but looking back, it really shows how the Busch family created a truly end-to-end park experience, with the snacks at the end of the night feeling like a cherry on top of a great day. I'm not in advertising, but I'm pretty sure something like that is every advertising professional's dream.

This is probably the wrong thread but I searched and couldnt find anything on the parking toll booths, but there are new red and green traffic signal lights installed at the toll plaza. So far they are not operating but will make it easier to see which gate is openwhen they do.

I want to see some place put over the booth a number with the estimated cars in that lane so you can pick the shortest one easier.

And in reality I’m talking about more when you are on the exit coming off 64.

Text sign that just says:
LEFT CENTER RIGHT
20. 35. 15.

Now I know to go to the edges.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad