Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Manufacturer
Zierer

Model
Flying Carpet

Hamlet
San Marco (Italy)

Debut

Closure

Riders Per Cycle

Da Vinci's Cradle was a Zierer Flying Carpet flat ride located in the Da Vinci's Garden of Inventions area of Busch Gardens Williamsburg's San Marco hamlet. It debuted in 1983. After an extended closure, Busch Gardens Williamsburg announced on April 26, 2022 that Da Vinci's Cradle would be removed. Its final operating day is unknown.

Marketing Materials​

Ride Footage​

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed on my visit to the park yesterday, that for the first time in my life every single one of the rope pulleys on Da Vinci's cradle are working! This is a thing the park seemingly never accomplished, even in the AB days. Very much better than when there was only one working for most of this season.

Da Vinci's Cradle pic

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05300.JPG
    DSC05300.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
weird question, but are guests not allowed to raise their arms up on this ride because of a rule? i rode this once over the summer and the operators stopped the ride because some kids wouldn't put their hands down. they didn't make us get off and continued once the kids stopped, but i was confused as to why it was such a big deal

Reactions: jornor
Is it still missing a bunch of pulley structures on the back side of the ride?

Reactions: jornor
We have been to BGW 6 times in July with out of town family and The Cradle has not been open once.

Is it broke or is BGW being cheap and cutting costs by keeping it closed?

We have been to BGW 6 times in July with out of town family and The Cradle has not been open once.

Is it broke or is BGW being cheap and cutting costs by keeping it closed?

It's not a costly ride, and it has a history of being closed a lot. It's a finnicky bugger that doesn't like moist weather. You never know when it'll be open

It's likely getting harder and harder to source parts for Da Vinci's Cradle. Zierer stopped making Flying Carpets a while back and, at this point, there really aren't very many left operating. ?

As long as BGW continues opting to keep it around, I'll be happy—even if that means waiting for parts shipments from Germany from time to time.

Da Vinci's Garden of Inventions wouldn't be the same without it. I would be quite sad if it did get removed in a few years. Thankfully it's still here.

It’s one of my favorite flats at Busch, I just wish it still went all the way around a few times, stopped at the top, and went around the other way a few times again!

When I was there in Spring it was doing that

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad