Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Attraction Type
Flat Ride
Status
Defunct
[wiki]index.php?title=Da_Vinci%27s_Cradle[/wiki]

Sep 18, 2010
I rode this a few weeks ago, after not riding it for several years, and one thing immediately stood out to me about how times have changed. When I was a little kid, there used to be so much loose change flying around the floor of this ride. I would try to stop it with my foot and keep it there until the end of the ride. When I worked this ride as a teenager, I used to bring home at least a few dollars everyday from the change that would fly off the ride. When I rode it a few weeks ago, I didn't see or hear any change flying around. I guess that it's a result of everyone using credit/debit cards now, instead of cash. Or maybe everyone has Discovery Dollars :)

Reactions: Luke and Zachary

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
I was milling around YouTube today and stumbled upon something I hadn't seen before: The original ad for Da Vinci's Cradle. Sounds pretty neat, right? Wrong. This is one of the creepiest ads I've ever seen. Between the crazy-looking old man, the young girl singing in the background, and the narrator's somewhat seductive tone, I'm royally disturbed. Watch at your own risk. This cannot be unseen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7u7-XHlk_c

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
What's the reason behind the hands down rule? Anyone know?

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
I loved the commercial! Cool & creepy. :cool:

I have not ridden this yet. What is the hands-down rule or other problems/changes you guys are referring to?

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
You can't put your hands up on the ride. But it's like the 99 cent refill rule, they'll only enforce it if a supervisor is around

EDIT: Damn it! That's the second time today I have completely misread a post!

Reactions: Travis...
Mar 30, 2010
They also stopped all the outside ropes and stuff from moving. And the ride does not go around as much. lame. I rode it this year and I got far less nauseous than usual. It's not as fun now.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad