Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Right - but in terms of building modification we agree there likely wouldn't be much assuming they keep the castle as is and don't expand or otherwise modify the shell. So minor permitting required might have documentation that could theoretically be submitted alongside other items requiring minor permitting.

Though your answer to that is that's not going to happen that way if they do put an attraction in that space.

Right - but in terms of building modification we agree there likely wouldn't be much assuming they keep the castle as is and don't expand or otherwise modify the shell. So minor permitting required might have documentation that could theoretically be submitted alongside other items requiring minor permitting.

Though your answer to that is that's not going to happen that way if they do put an attraction in that space.
When the park applies for permits they have to be very specific about what they are doing. They wouldn't be able to just lump in a bunch of construction for a ride without it being explicitly applied for in a permit. We saw this when they applied for permits to renovate the HOS mazes. They applied for permits for both work on Frostbite and Demented Dimensions despite both of them being in the same building.

Riding Transformers at Universal the other day really just made me miss DarKastle and what it could have been. ?

There were a couple scenes and set pieces that were very similar between the two.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan

They could in theory sneak moving a exit sign past in the permitting process but there is no way they can add anything even as small as a Land of the Dragons ride in that space with out without having numerous permits and inspections from numerous agencies.

I wish Busch could do a simulator properly. Maybe totally redo the guts of BfE. And how can we not have a great dark ride? The Disney and Universal parks prove how successful these ride types can be. And not all of their's are even great.

Reactions: Flyer
As a park, you're right - BGW is not to Universal or Disney's standards. But for a dark ride, this could have been at a similar level if they had the money to upgrade over time as needed plus keep all of the effects working.

I get that, but the principle remains. People enjoy those rides. Find the right story and it will be a success. Questor had huge lines most of the time. Peter Pan's Flight is a terribly lame ride and is commands massive waits. Find the right story or IP and you can have a successful ride that doesn't have to be super complicated.

Reactions: Flyer and Jonesta6
I can’t see them not replacing that ride with another ride at some point. That facade and cue is some of the best theming in the park and it’s in a premium location. I think when they get more on their feet from the financial woes we will see something there. Maybe after an increase in attendance with two new coasters this will be the next project. An event space that’s not used during peak park operating times is a huge waste if you ask me.

Think about it, the old DK building is used by guests a little over 4 months a season. It sits idle roughly 5 months and a couple of those months the park isnt open every day. Thats a pretty good reason to keep using it the way they are. Right now is houses 3 attractions year round that they dont have to tear down or put up.

Reactions: tursiops and BGWnut
Think about it, the old DK building is used by guests a little over 4 months a season. It sits idle roughly 5 months and a couple of those months the park isnt open every day. Thats a pretty good reason to keep using it the way they are. Right now is houses 3 attractions year round that they dont have to tear down or put up.

I find it hard to believe that the Hallowscream and Santa’s workshop can’t be moved elsewhere. I also don’t think they are a good use for such a premium spot in the park. That’s a huge foot print to not be a major permanent attraction.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad