Defunct Dark Ride Curse of DarKastle

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jun 6, 2013
I wish Busch could do a simulator properly. Maybe totally redo the guts of BfE. And how can we not have a great dark ride? The Disney and Universal parks prove how successful these ride types can be. And not all of their's are even great.

Reactions: Flyer
Feb 14, 2019
As a park, you're right - BGW is not to Universal or Disney's standards. But for a dark ride, this could have been at a similar level if they had the money to upgrade over time as needed plus keep all of the effects working.

Jun 6, 2013
I get that, but the principle remains. People enjoy those rides. Find the right story and it will be a success. Questor had huge lines most of the time. Peter Pan's Flight is a terribly lame ride and is commands massive waits. Find the right story or IP and you can have a successful ride that doesn't have to be super complicated.

Reactions: Flyer and Jonesta6
Nov 21, 2017
I can’t see them not replacing that ride with another ride at some point. That facade and cue is some of the best theming in the park and it’s in a premium location. I think when they get more on their feet from the financial woes we will see something there. Maybe after an increase in attendance with two new coasters this will be the next project. An event space that’s not used during peak park operating times is a huge waste if you ask me.

Nov 24, 2009
Think about it, the old DK building is used by guests a little over 4 months a season. It sits idle roughly 5 months and a couple of those months the park isnt open every day. Thats a pretty good reason to keep using it the way they are. Right now is houses 3 attractions year round that they dont have to tear down or put up.

Reactions: tursiops and BGWnut
Nov 21, 2017
Think about it, the old DK building is used by guests a little over 4 months a season. It sits idle roughly 5 months and a couple of those months the park isnt open every day. Thats a pretty good reason to keep using it the way they are. Right now is houses 3 attractions year round that they dont have to tear down or put up.
I find it hard to believe that the Hallowscream and Santa’s workshop can’t be moved elsewhere. I also don’t think they are a good use for such a premium spot in the park. That’s a huge foot print to not be a major permanent attraction.

Feb 3, 2019
I find it hard to believe that the Hallowscream and Santa’s workshop can’t be moved elsewhere. I also don’t think they are a good use for such a premium spot in the park. That’s a huge foot print to not be a major permanent attraction.
Santa's workshop used to be in Wilkomenhaus.

Reactions: Jason

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
And I think it was much better there. It was so much fun to be able to get a glimpse of him every time you walked by, it made that area feel special. Not theres nothing there but some projection crap.
Santa's Workshop was replaced with the cookie decorating experience. Additionally, Santa was moved because it needed way more space, not just because the park wanted put it somewhere else.

May 12, 2011
ROANOKE, VA
I don't have a problem with Santa being in the castle since having multiple Santas makes it a huge capacity boost, but I wish they would decorate DarKastle more to make it look more like Santa's workshop and less like... DarKastle.
They should really take on a frozen theme like Pompeii or atleast do something on the outside.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad