Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apparently Gov. Northam held a news conference a while ago and "relaxed" the executive order for the Hampton Roads area. I read through the EO but it appears to me the attendance at BGW would still be capped at 1000. Nicole, if you are reading this you are good at parsing his EOs and pulling out information I'm not seeing.. Do you or anybody else interpret the attendance cap differently or is it still 1000?

Reactions: michaeelaln
Apparently Gov. Northam held a news conference a while ago and "relaxed" the executive order for the Hampton Roads area. I read through the EO but it appears to me the attendance at BGW would still be capped at 1000. Nicole, if you are reading this you are good at parsing his EOs and pulling out information I'm not seeing.. Do you or anybody else interpret the attendance cap differently or is it still 1000?
Pretty sure it is still 1000

I haven't read anything more than today's press release, but my understanding is that this just puts SE VA in the same category as the rest of VA—back to the original Phase 3 rules—which still cap BGW at 1,000 guests. The adjusted Phase 3 Hampton Roads was put under didn't modify the restrictions on public amusements—hence the lack of any change here.

The HR specific rules are basically rescinded in an amendment to EO67. BGW is still restricted to 1000 guests, but now HR can go back to 250 person house parties.

Reactions: Eric and Zachary
In theory, wouldnt thay mean theaters at a local theme park perhaps could go to 250 person capacity as well?

Distancing would still need to be in effect. Realistically, the thing standing in the way of Entertainment returning is much less gathering restrictions and more “financial investment necessary to serve a small percentage of an already small number of guests to begin with.”

In theory, wouldnt thay mean theaters at a local theme park perhaps could go to 250 person capacity as well?
The biggest thing with indoor theaters is the air circulation in the building. If the air isn’t being constantly cleaned then guests are breathing in recirculated air that can be full of virus particles, and no mask will stop that. This opens up superspreader events and a lot of liability for the park.

Reactions: panopticon31
But if wanted to do something for Christmas Town, which has always been primarily about shows, they could. Possibly have it in the Royal Palace theater, with every other row blocked off and 3 seats between parties, just like they do it in SeaWorld and Universal.

The biggest thing with indoor theaters is the air circulation in the building. If the air isn’t being constantly cleaned then guests are breathing in recirculated air that can be full of virus particles, and no mask will stop that. This opens up superspreader events and a lot of liability for the park.
also if youre going to open up a theater that is going to require more staff both for the entertainers and support staff. I honestly doubt that they would want to go this route with the hard cap at 1k as they want to keep staff as minimal as possible to make money

But if wanted to do something for Christmas Town, which has always been primarily about shows, they could. Possibly have it in the Royal Palace theater, with every other row blocked off and 3 seats between parties, just like they do it in SeaWorld and Universal.

Would work for about half the event where you could theoretically be fine in shorts and a hoody, but the other half would be too cold for everyone involved except maybe ice skaters.

This is where having wide midways like KD helps - almost all of their entertainment during WF is outside by creating small performance spaces where otherwise there'd be a wide walkway.

Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in but looks like bgw was looking for a stage manager recently which would be for something involved in entertainment

Attachments

• 2215AC04-B678-4AC1-9C4D-7D40B4C665C9.jpeg
    2215AC04-B678-4AC1-9C4D-7D40B4C665C9.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Eric
For what it’s worth there was a lot of work going on at the Royal Palace Theatre. Couldn’t tell you what it was for but there was a small crew working with some wood in front of the state. Stage looked stripped down as well. Only putting this in the thread since I’m assuming that’s the stage they would use (if any) for any shows. Not sure if this is related to the stage manager though.

For what it’s worth there was a lot of work going on at the Royal Palace Theatre. Couldn’t tell you what it was for but there was a small crew working with some wood in front of the state. Stage looked stripped down as well. Only putting this in the thread since I’m assuming that’s the stage they would use (if any) for any shows. Not sure if this is related to the stage manager though.
Wouldn't expect to see them using Royal Palace Theatre based on what I know about their event plans in October and November/December. In fact it seems odd that they would be doing any work to it right now.

Could there be any regularly planned maintenance items being taken care of while there's no other use for the theater?

Granted it costs something to do, but I'm thinking that between some sort of loss leader revenue generation from the park and that they've confirmed plans to not use the theater for HoS or (assuming plans made but not public yet) CT operations means it's wide open to be fixed up.

An interesting angle that may help BGW with pressure to get out from the 1000 person cap is that sport venues, including football stadiums, are being covered under that category. This is causing some grumbling I’m hearing amongst alumni since 1000 seats among a 50-80k stadium is basically nothing, It’s a case where having 1000 tickets is probably worse to manage than zero, since a lot of ticket holders end up losing out and are upset.

IDK if the whole 1000 person limit is still in place or not, but the park felt a lot more crowded on Sunday than it has during the two visits I made to the craft brew festival last month.

You'd think that with the cap in place, plus more of the park being open people would spread out more, but it was noticeably more crowded even with the extra room.

So I'm posting this here because it's almost certainly related to Covid-19. In the beginning of the year every SEAS park except BGW contracted out their games management. At the time I was told BGW was excluded because it was the most profitable by a wide margin. Today though I saw that the following was posted. It's for the same company that was contacted to run the games operation at all the other SEAS parks, so it seems that this was an impact of Covid-19.

So if you want to do games at BGW, you can do it without technically working for SEAS.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Games Host https://g.co/kgs/P1GsAB

Reactions: Zachary
So I'm posting this here because it's almost certainly related to Covid-19. In the beginning of the year every SEAS park except BGW contracted out their games management. At the time I was told BGW was excluded because it was the most profitable by a wide margin. Today though I saw that the following was posted. It's for the same company that was contacted to run the games operation at all the other SEAS parks, so it seems that this was an impact of Covid-19.

So if you want to do games at BGW, you can do it without technically working for SEAS.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Games Host https://g.co/kgs/P1GsAB

Not to directly contradict this strongly since I’m not fully versed, but when the park gave my students (I teach a theme park class) a presentation in October of last year, they mentioned that the games were contracted out, so to my understanding this is not necessarily new.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad