Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I’m not even mad. This is going to be beyond comical.

I have been to the park on many days with less than 1,000 people in the park and while it is a rather pleasant experience, it is beyond strange. I wonder if parks will even want to open up if they have to cap it at 1,000 guests? With a heavy passholder base at both VA parks, would it be even worth it to open in the eyes of management? Crazy times, crazy times...

Almost as crazy as that time @Zachary said that Tempesto was going to be a flat ride and swore on it. What a guy...

Last edited:
I have the same plans for next weekend through the 4th!

This could be a good time to BGW and KD to team up and file a lawsiut jointly.

I have been to the park on many days with less than 1,000 people in the park and while it is a rather pleasant experience, it is beyond strange. I wonder if parks will even want to open up if they have to cap it at 1,000 guests? With a heavy passholder base at both VA parks, would it be even worth it to open in the eyes of management? Crazy times, crazy times...

Almost as crazy as that time @Zachary said that Tempesto was going to be a Zamperla frisbee and swore on it. What a guy...
Nonsensical for them to open for passholders with a 1000 person limit. Maybe for single day tickets at $70 per pop, but not passholders. I think we can kiss the 2020 season goodbye.

Last edited:

Almost as crazy as that time @Zachary said that Tempesto was going to be a flat ride and swore on it. What a guy...

If the 1000 person cap really does apply to the parks, I doubt they’d even open. Unless the park’s operation is SERIOUSLY limited to only offer a few rides and amenities at a time, employees will practically outnumber guests. That’s not even considering all the other expenses a park would have to deal with, and pass holders who don’t provide much additional income with each visit.

BG and KD should go to court. There is no scientific rationale for outdoor parks those sizes to be capped at a 1000. Especially when you compare with gyms at 75% capacity, along other allowed businesses.

BG and KD should go to court. There is no scientific rationale for outdoor parks those sizes to be capped at a 1000. Especially when you compare with gyms at 75% capacity, along other allowed businesses.

While I believe this cap is bad for both parks, business-wise KD may benefit the longer the shutdown goes on relative to BGW. KD has been struggling relative to BGW since closing down Volcano and needs time to get a new lineup designed and schedule. Forcing BGW to close or operate under really low caps for 2020 almost neutralizes Pantheon and the 2021 ride until the parks fully re-open, at which time KD can be better setup for going forward.

While I believe this cap is bad for both parks, business-wise KD may benefit the longer the shutdown goes on relative to BGW. KD has been struggling relative to BGW since closing down Volcano and needs time to get a new lineup designed and schedule. Forcing BGW to close or operate under really low caps for 2020 almost neutralizes Pantheon and the 2021 ride until the parks fully re-open, at which time KD can be better setup for going forward.

Um... citation needed? KD’s removal of some aging and unreliable rides doesn’t really indicate anything about how they’ve been doing as a business.

Reactions: Zachary
We can always look forward to visiting Six Flags Williamsburg next year, given the impact capacity caps at 2 SEAS parks will likely have on SEAS' finances.

Um... citation needed? KD’s removal of some aging and unreliable rides doesn’t really indicate anything about how they’ve been doing as a business.
Cedar Fair doesn't release individual park numbers so it's largely anecdotal based on what crowds look like and enthusiasm you see for the park. I don't think KD is doing poorly business wise, but the negative feedback for the park was way up with Volcano closing, and crowds didn't look as large as prior years. It doesn't necessarily mean numbers are down a lot, but they definitely needed to get things turned around to improve the park's perception, which typically leads to better sales. However, post COVID-19, all bets are off.

Nonsensical for them to open for passholders with a 1000 person limit. Maybe for single day tickets at $70 per pop, but not passholders. I think we can kiss the 2020 season goodbye.
This would be a horrible idea PR wise given that they have been billing passholders during the shut down it would be a PR disaster to then say hey we are opening but you can not use that pass that we kept charging you for because of the limits. Also I am sure that such a move would bring breech of contract suits by members that have passes that were to have no black out dates.

This would be a horrible idea PR wise given that they have been billing passholders during the shut down it would be a PR disaster to then say hey we are opening but you can not use that pass that we kept charging you for because of the limits. Also I am sure that such a move would bring breech of contract suits by members that have passes that were to have no black out dates.
I agree completely. From a financial perspective, however, it is the only way it would make sense to open with a 1000 person cap. As such, I think 2020 is a lost season.

I agree completely. From a financial perspective, however, it is the only way it would make sense to open with a 1000 person cap. As such, I think 2020 is a lost season.
Oh I agree on both points. I could possible see something like a limit of 100 pass a day or something to split the difference but I can not see them saying none after billing for them during the shut down they more or less made their bed as far as honoring them and will create a giant fire storm if they try to get out of it. Honestly I see the as just not opening if that the limit.

Don’t forget: the 1000 person cap is for total individuals, not just guests. KD has claimed that during peak season, they have more than 2000 employees. So even if they miraculously can reduce their workforce to just a quarter, that still only leaves room for 500 guests.

I’m really hoping the 1000 person limit doesn’t apply to the parks.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad