Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I will speculate that it will run through late October as there is no longer a Howl-O-Scream show in Abby Stone. The theater then would only need to be re-fitted for Gloria. Then CF could re-start in March after a short winter break.
If they intend to make January/February openings viable in a market where they are not the only entertainment game in town due to COVID, they absolutely NEED as many entertainment options as they can get, and so I definitely think we will see shows in Abbey Stone, Globe, and Festhaus for whatever those events look like. And so while changing out for Gloria is still possible, part of me wonders if they would simply prefer to move the cast of Celtic Fyre into longer-term contracts and develop a holiday version of the show.

Reactions: Rhaw757
I wish we could have both Gloria and a holiday version of Celtic Fyre. After seeing the CF set last year decorated with Christmas lights, a CF Christmas sounds like it could be very exciting. The park still hasn’t done a show with traditional Irish Christmas music, which I think is a huge missed opportunity.

Gloria is incredibly popular, though, and I don’t see the park getting rid of it anytime soon unless corporate says it’s a waste of money to hire a live orchestra. Today it’s a lot like Celtic Fyre in that they probably can’t get rid of it without facing major backlash.

Theoretically, Castle O’Sullivan could accommodate a show like Gloria, but it would have to be scaled down a whole lot since the theater has a much smaller capacity than the Abbey Stone Theatre. If they make it the same scale as the original, it might be too popular to accommodate everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: VikingvadR
Gloria is incredibly popular, though, and I don’t see the park getting rid of it anytime soon unless corporate says it’s a waste of money to hire a live orchestra. Today it’s a lot like Celtic Fyre in that they probably can’t get rid of it without facing major backlash.
That’s probably true. I think for me it’s a question of how the move to year-round shows shifts the contracting of things: because of Fiends’ removal, Celtic Fyre is really the only show that could go year-round, if that’s something the park would want to do in light of the 12-month schedule in order to secure and maintain talent.

But again, empty speculation, and I agree that Gloria draws a very particular Christmas Town audience that would otherwise be neglected.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Though that's not normal, if there isn't a show there anyways it's not like they haven't staged things at RPT just around the corner.

To be honest I'm not sure why they could figure out how to creatively reuse that theater space.

web site has hours for the show. July 2nd,3rd,4th of July are 2,4,6,8. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd, but i have a fealing the fourth is going to be the most crowded of the year so far.

Reactions: lightninlady
The opening show was very good. A couple of observations. They are not using the table seats infront of the stage. The 2 tick warning occurs which the bar keep on the stage and not walking through the audience. He drops his keys on the stage and ask the audience to point them out. He also made reference at least in to the first show to the pub being closed for the last year and a half. The show other wise appears very unchanged from what I remember and the cast does still come down from the stage at one point.

Attachments

• 20210702_142757.jpg
    20210702_142757.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 20210702_142754.jpg
    20210702_142754.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20210702_142420.jpg
    20210702_142420.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20210702_141530.jpg
    20210702_141530.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 24
  • 20210702_140430.jpg
    20210702_140430.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 20210702_140118.jpg
    20210702_140118.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20210702_140040.jpg
    20210702_140040.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 31
Does anyone know why there’s no shows scheduled for Monday? You would think they would have them for Monday over Tuesday this week?
Not sure exactly but most years they have one down day sedchule fir every show when they are short staffed to insure that the stage managers and techs all get at least one day off a week. I would assume it's that unless someone else has an idea.

Reactions: jornor and Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad