Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
What is the condition of the band organ? I would love to hear it play and it would make the carousel worth visiting.

I have heard 'rumors' that it is being modified with a new music reading system (replacing the punch tape system) that can bring the life back into the organ itself. Rumor, is the key word here. I also cannot remember where I read about this.

I just looked through everything pertaining to the Carousel this season and so far nothing says anything about the organ. However, the Carousel still has a few more years for it's restoration, and the organ can possibly be worked on in the future.

I don't think I even need to bother taking pictures of KD anymore. These are just too amazing! :)

Reactions: Luke
Yeah, but the band organ at Kings Island only stopped playing in 2004. I have heard that the organ at KD hasn't played since the mid 80s.

Reactions: Zachary
Kings Dominion shared to their Instagram story that the Carousel is getting some detailed paintwork for its 100th anniversary this year!

(Unfortunately, I can't embed Instagram stories to the forum, so I recommend checking out the park's Instagram story before the Carousel update goes away!)

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how magnificent of a job KD hasdone on keeping up with this not just as an operating ride but as a work of art to. If my research is correct this is one of the 25 oldest continually operating Carousels in the country.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad