Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hold it! What on earth was Rhythm Chefs? Some sort of early Mix It Up? :shocked:

Attachments

• Rhythm Chefs.JPG
    Rhythm Chefs.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 28
Dr. Felix Freakenstein said:
Where did THAT go? I guess I can see issues with that one, though. And that would mean many of us here, including myself, couldn't enjoy some of the best parts of Howl-O-Scream (unless, of course, you choose to ignore it)...

If I remember correctly, Scott said during a pass member appreciation a couple of seasons ago that they got rid of it cause no one paid any attention to it and that overall HoS was "viewer discretion is advised."

Reactions: Party Rocker
I thought the Rhythm Chefs were common knowledge. My Bad! Sadly, I recall the public didn't know how to repsond to them. At least they got a posted time, unlike Killarney's or the Boogie bands. It was around a few years and had different performers like Justin Myles and Chris Smith. You can see another schedule a few posts back on my green show pamplet.

The IAAPA Big-E awards honoring the best in live entertainment named them Best Atmosphere/Street Show Performer/Act in 2001.

It was a short street performance. Not full blown like Mix It Up. Basically, they performed in the San Marco street tap dancing, percusion on pots, pans, tables, etc. Some parts are recycled in Monster Stomp and Dig It Up.

Here is a photo from the net.

Attachments

• chefs.jpg
    chefs.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 38
Since PR did a quiz on shops, I thought this map would be a good one to post.

This is the 1996 park map. (I don't know how to add this map to the first page.)
High res and full size.

Of course, we love seeing the old shoppes and rides. Especially the Hastings area (there is a thread talking about shops at that time). Cool to see the shows playing in each area. This is one that has the days open until midnight. Prices at $29.95 for 1-day tickets, $83.95 for season passes. The, sadly, now missing 2-day discount ticket.

Things that stand out to me are the New King Arthur's Challenge, Olympic sponsorship, Wild Izzy (odd no photo?), The Royal Preserve, Threadneedle Faire, The Sea Dragon, The REAL Main Entrance, a Drachen Fire photo, The Eagle One Monorail, Le Scoot with all the trees, The Musikmacher (guess it's storage now?), and the Boogie Band at their original home.

Attachments

• BGW 1996 Map_Ft.jpg
    BGW 1996 Map_Ft.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 100
  • BGW 1996 Map_Bk.jpg
    BGW 1996 Map_Bk.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • BGW 1996 Map_In.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 157
Double post. Y'all need to put more stuff up!

This is a Pamphlet from 1987 with a cover shot of Nessie, only. "Journey Into Music" is playing at the Magic Lantern Theatre. An Olympic-style ice show is in the Globe Theatre. The blacksmith shop and Le Mans is still there. Photos of Threadneedle Faire, the Enchanted Laboratory and Pelinore and a Brittany Bridge into Hastings angle, with few trees.

Attachments

• BGW 1987 Pamphlet_Fr.jpg
    BGW 1987 Pamphlet_Fr.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 948
  • BGW 1987 Pamphlet_Bk.jpg
    BGW 1987 Pamphlet_Bk.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 934
bgw2000.jpg

2000 park map. Found it just roaming the internet.

EDIT: Sorry about the early tech. difficulties. They're fixed now.

Looking through an old photo album I found the map for 1994. Highlights include: first year of Land of the Dragons and the park still included the Tobacco Shop, Petting Zoo, Hastings (complete with Arcade and Enchanted Laboratory), Eagle One Brewery Tour and Visitor's Center, LeMans Raceway, and Drachen Fire (the diving corkscrew was removed for 1994).

Geo

Attachments

• BGW 1994 Map.jpg
    BGW 1994 Map.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 110
A 2002 sister to HERE.
This 2002 Daily Show Schedule shows how the colors changed by the day. A very large, foldout brochure. Sorry for the dirt and crinkles. It has also been around. I did not see "Dancing Through the Decades" that day. Also, a NASA event mentioned in another thread is advertised.

Attachments

• 2002 Blue Shows_F.jpg
    2002 Blue Shows_F.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 2002 Blue Shows_B.jpg
    2002 Blue Shows_B.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
BGW Family said:
A 2002 sister to HERE.
This 2002 Daily Show Schedule shows how the colors changed by the day. A very large, foldout brochure.

Is that the burgermeister, Bob Bauman pictured? If so, 2002 appears to be the last year he performed in the park. While talking with an employee at a wedding I learned he just sort of showed up every year of his own accord. Good memories.

EITA is not listed on the map... though it is still on the park's website.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• eitamap.png
    eitamap.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 217
  • eitawebsite.png
    eitawebsite.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: jornor
Found this on Google Maps, it's a street view of BG from June 2009. You even get to see Big Bad Wolf and is a great trip down "memory lane".
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Busch+Gardens+Williamsburg/@37.2316582,-76.6461499,3a,75y,200h,76t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sJ3MgY1S9I1QullfxbSH4LA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DJ3MgY1S9I1QullfxbSH4LA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D129%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D200.98515%26pitch%3D-14.875489!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b07d5fca884c61:0xbcc368944bb80c82!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad