Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

In regards to "self-service kiosk at the England parking lot"- there are two self-service kiosks embedded into the wall immediately to the right of the zone D entrance gate. Those are the kiosks I use when parking in the England lot. It would make sense to me that whoever gave that feedback would be unaware of this kiosk location, as it is not out of the way when entering the park from the England lot.

Reactions: Le Moose
View attachment 30546

From BGWFans, this was from the members town hall. Definitely intriguing that they'd directly mention RMC next to "new rides"..
I don’t know I’m not saying it’s not in the cards, it very well could with iron gwazi being such a hit with guest satisfaction and a business level. But at the same time I think a lot of that was just them trying to reassure us they are listening to us.

Actually it wouldn't surprise me in the least if BGW with the help of the county was able to influence VDOT into adding better signage and lights.
They should and it’s likely possible but in the end VDOTs got to be the one to do it. Like I said, that’s my more “how the sausage is made” laugh.

Actually it wouldn't surprise me in the least if BGW with the help of the county was able to influence VDOT into adding better signage and lights.
Yeah that’s not on the park, If anything that’s actually on us and the local community. We (park goers) need to call and annoy vdot. Most vdot things like that they do a case study at the time of construction, and implement the signage accordingly. If we don’t complain then they rarely ever revisit it.

Reactions: Le Moose
Yeah that’s not on the park, If anything that’s actually on us and the local community. We (park goers) need to call and annoy vdot. Most vdot things like that they do a case study at the time of construction, and implement the signage accordingly. If we don’t complain then they rarely ever revisit it.
Well, technically grounds maintenance and landscaping is responsible for maintaining the section of US 60 from Kingsmill down to the overpass

Well, technically grounds maintenance and landscaping is responsible for maintaining the section of US 60 from Kingsmill down to the overpass

Maybe I'm off-base here, but I thought highway signage has to meet certain requirements and it's not something landscaping crews would really mess with?

Maybe I'm off-base here, but I thought highway signage has to meet certain requirements and it's not something landscaping crews would really mess with?
Private signage, like the parks name signs or the parks informational signs are on the park, but may have to meet certain d.o.t requirements/ approvals. Any official road signage falls under d.o.t. And just because the grounds crew takes care of it doesn’t mean it’s not under vdot. As far as landscaping goes. I don’t know where vdot’s rightsways and easements are. But vdot is required to maintain a certain amount of upkeep. But it would be in the parks best interest to take on those duties themselves, they would put way more work and attention to detail then vdot ever will.

I’m honestly not sure why a complaint about signs on the interstate ended up on the laundry list of things people have mentioned in their feedback to the park. Personally, I’d prefer they focus on things like cleanliness, maintenance, staffing, theming, attraction types, etc. Not issues with lighting on Virginia’s highway system.

Honestly, I thought today was a great experience. From the exciting news in the Town Hall, the smaller crowds at the park, and having the chance to ride LNM one last time before renovations take place was great. I honestly hadn’t ridden it in years, so it was cool to be able to enjoy the nostalgia and appreciate it. It was also nice to see some of the Christmas decor up, which got us excited for CT.

Overall, it was a great day, and good on BGW for doing this Member Appreciation Weekend well.

I’m honestly not sure why a complaint about signs on the interstate ended up on the laundry list of things people have mentioned in their feedback to the park.
If I was a conspiracy nut, I'd say they threw a few things in that may already be happening. Wonder if improved signage might already be planned?

Private signage, like the parks name signs or the parks informational signs are on the park, but may have to meet certain d.o.t requirements/ approvals. Any official road signage falls under d.o.t. And just because the grounds crew takes care of it doesn’t mean it’s not under vdot. As far as landscaping goes. I don’t know where vdot’s rightsways and easements are. But vdot is required to maintain a certain amount of upkeep. But it would be in the parks best interest to take on those duties themselves, they would put way more work and attention to detail then vdot ever will.
It really depends on where it is. All those signs need VDOT approval in the first place. If it’s a sign inside the easement (usually 10’) that BGW put up (like a billboard) it is on them.

I personally took the comment to be talking about attractions on the exit sign and the sign that says their exit is upcoming, which BGW has nothing to do with other than requesting. But that can also be really expensive to run power to a place it hasn’t been, take down the sign (because it will have to be a different type for reflectivity), do a whole new post designed for the lights, then put everything up.

Are you talking about beautification efforts signs? Or they actually maintain? There’s a big difference.

I’m honestly not sure why a complaint about signs on the interstate ended up on the laundry list of things people have mentioned in their feedback to the park. Personally, I’d prefer they focus on things like cleanliness, maintenance, staffing, theming, attraction types, etc. Not issues with lighting on Virginia’s highway system.
I see two possible explanations.

One they either simply compiled a list of the items with the most number of mentions on surveys and presented that list regardless of content.

Two it's something that appears in the survey response often and which Vdot might already have a plan for so by presenting it they think it adds to the image that they actively care and am working on these issues even though they really didn't do anything. (Disclaimer I have no idea if Vdot is actively working on it but I know lighting in that area has come up in JCC board meetings as a citizen concern so it's certainly possible)

Reactions: warfelg
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad