Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 24, 2009
Those things are literally broken all the time. Not an excuse to be clear—it's just a chronic problem. Why they insist on making so much of the member experience reliant on those machines, I'll never understand.
Im
not complaining that they are broke…..but can they at least put signs in the ones that they are out of order. There’s so many people trying to use them before figuring out they are broke and in the morning when there’s long lines it creates a mess.

Reactions: Alf33 and Zachary
Nov 24, 2009
Oh Japan……well I have a story for y’all. The team member just used “Im
F-ing done” in front of guests and their supervisor that was called for another issue…..

Edited to add…..not sure why this was moved to another page…..this is a food and wine booth problem. There is more that I will post later.

• Wow
Reactions: Zachary
Nov 24, 2009
Ok, take away from tonight is.....some food and wine booths close at 8 and some at 8:30 on a 9pm closing night!

So heres what happened......we arrived at the park about 7:45, grabbed our F&W members samples about 7:50 and hauled tail to the Virginia booth thinking it closed at 8pm. We get to the booth at just after 8pm but they were still taking orders and serving so we hopped in line. As I ordered I asked "what time do the F&W booths close?" to which the cashier replied "we close at 8:30 but I dont know about the others. So we ate real quick and high tailed it down the steps and up the hill to Jamaica.....but they were closed. We though oh well the first booth was just lucky to be able to use our samples up for the day. So we headed toward Pantheon. Going past the Italy booth they guy was literally shouting "were closed" from inside the kiosk. We continied to Pantheon......until we got to Japan which was open and by now its almost 8:30. So we jumped in line since I keep missing it being open. We had 4 people in front of us and about 4 or so got in line behind us. Directly in front of us was a guy in tan pants and a blue sweater or something, I thought it was a team member but he looked like he was waiting to order so I didnt think much else about it. By this time we have waited 5 minutes or so the guy walks off and around the back of the booth after the girl at the checkout mumbles something about last one. Shortly after 2 or 3 team members come out to the queue and fumbled with the retractable ropes but seemed confused until another guy shows up and gave the impression that they were closing the line. The girl behnd the register wasnt very loud or clear and was wearing a mask so she was hard to hear at all whatever she mumbled to the first guy. The same girl who is at the register is still dealing with the same customer and then we figured out they were waiting on a "supervisor" to do a refund because I think what they had ordered they were out of. So the other 3 remaining people in front of us order, the supervisor arrives and takes care of the refund then its our turn to order....so we thought. Then the girl goes "we are closed, we close at 8:30". By now the people behind us got tired of waiting so we are it. She says to the supervisor so and so (dont remember the name) was in line he was the last one.So I said "he never said anything to us he just stood there and then walked away, we have stood here in line for 10 minutes and no one said anything, meanwhile the guy sent out front to close the queue let more people in line, and now there are two new people in line behind us....her reply and I quote....."he was scared". So then the cashier girl starts yelling at the guy sent to close the line from behind the register. This is when it gets good, with the supervisor standing right there she yells "im F-ing done" and walks away from the register and behind the building. I talked to the supervisor for a minute or so explaining what was going on and then she comes back out and says "we only have ______and ______ what do you want". I cant remember what Items she named but we said nevermind and walked away. The supervisor was very understanding and said he would deal with the employee....hopfully he did. We later stopped at guest relations to mention the closing time problems and that there is no way to know when the booths actually close, she seemed confused on what time they close or that some close at diffrent times as others as well.

Anyhow things we learned tonight......

F&W booths can close at either 8 or 8:30 on 9pm park closings
There is no more sweep train, well last train tonight left Festa at about 7:45ish....when I asked I was told I just missed it. Then as we were walking past Pompeii we had to wait at the train crossing......for the train headed to Festa. And this wasnt way after park close becaise the "parks closed" anouncement I heard while in line at Guest Relations.
After 8pm on F&W days there is basically no where to get food, snacks or drinks for the last hour of the park day.

Oct 23, 2019
Ok, take away from tonight is.....some food and wine booths close at 8 and some at 8:30 on a 9pm closing night!

So heres what happened......we arrived at the park about 7:45, grabbed our F&W members samples about 7:50 and hauled tail to the Virginia booth thinking it closed at 8pm. We get to the booth at just after 8pm but they were still taking orders and serving so we hopped in line. As I ordered I asked "what time do the F&W booths close?" to which the cashier replied "we close at 8:30 but I dont know about the others. So we ate real quick and high tailed it down the steps and up the hill to Jamaica.....but they were closed. We though oh well the first booth was just lucky to be able to use our samples up for the day. So we headed toward Pantheon. Going past the Italy booth they guy was literally shouting "were closed" from inside the kiosk. We continied to Pantheon......until we got to Japan which was open and by now its almost 8:30. So we jumped in line since I keep missing it being open. We had 4 people in front of us and about 4 or so got in line behind us. Directly in front of us was a guy in tan pants and a blue sweater or something, I thought it was a team member but he looked like he was waiting to order so I didnt think much else about it. By this time we have waited 5 minutes or so the guy walks off and around the back of the booth after the girl at the checkout mumbles something about last one. Shortly after 2 or 3 team members come out to the queue and fumbled with the retractable ropes but seemed confused until another guy shows up and gave the impression that they were closing the line. The girl behnd the register wasnt very loud or clear and was wearing a mask so she was hard to hear at all whatever she mumbled to the first guy. The same girl who is at the register is still dealing with the same customer and then we figured out they were waiting on a "supervisor" to do a refund because I think what they had ordered they were out of. So the other 3 remaining people in front of us order, the supervisor arrives and takes care of the refund then its our turn to order....so we thought. Then the girl goes "we are closed, we close at 8:30". By now the people behind us got tired of waiting so we are it. She says to the supervisor so and so (dont remember the name) was in line he was the last one.So I said "he never said anything to us he just stood there and then walked away, we have stood here in line for 10 minutes and no one said anything, meanwhile the guy sent out front to close the queue let more people in line, and now there are two new people in line behind us....her reply and I quote....."he was scared". So then the cashier girl starts yelling at the guy sent to close the line from behind the register. This is when it gets good, with the supervisor standing right there she yells "im F-ing done" and walks away from the register and behind the building. I talked to the supervisor for a minute or so explaining what was going on and then she comes back out and says "we only have ______and ______ what do you want". I cant remember what Items she named but we said nevermind and walked away. The supervisor was very understanding and said he would deal with the employee....hopfully he did. We later stopped at guest relations to mention the closing time problems and that there is no way to know when the booths actually close, she seemed confused on what time they close or that some close at diffrent times as others as well.

Anyhow things we learned tonight......

F&W booths can close at either 8 or 8:30 on 9pm park closings
There is no more sweep train, well last train tonight left Festa at about 7:45ish....when I asked I was told I just missed it. Then as we were walking past Pompeii we had to wait at the train crossing......for the train headed to Festa. And this wasnt way after park close becaise the "parks closed" anouncement I heard while in line at Guest Relations.
After 8pm on F&W days there is basically no where to get food, snacks or drinks for the last hour of the park day.
It's amazing at some of the basic things BGW and many other companies just suck at these days.

Reactions: tiaba and Mwe BGW
Oct 23, 2019
One thing that bothers my wife more than me, though I think it's pretty bad also is the odor of paint/stain that exists at Turkish Delight and I think The flying machine/Battering ram. I remember Turkish Delight having a strong odor last year and just wrote it off as they must have just painted. Anyone notice this?

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
One thing that bothers my wife more than me, though I think it's pretty bad also is the odor of paint/stain that exists at Turkish Delight and I think The flying machine/Battering ram. I remember Turkish Delight having a strong odor last year and just wrote it off as they must have just painted. Anyone notice this?
Yes I have noticed this as well. I think that Elephant Run and Flying Machine were the most recent repaints/refurbishments, which makes sense that paint would have been done.

Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
The number of photo kiosks that were out of order on 5/13 is ridiculous. But what is even worse is the fact someone is too lazy to cover or put a sign over the broken ones. Stuff breaks, I get it. My pantheon photos from 2 different cards never showed up on my account.

Self serve kiosk by the gate let me get through 3 passes selections and errors out upon checkout. I love this system.
Better off than today/tonight (May 15th) when half the park was broken and they couldn't be bothered to list more than Mach Tower and Verbolten on the board of closed rides.

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
Better off than today/tonight (May 15th) when half the park was broken and they couldn't be bothered to list more than Mach Tower and Verbolten on the board of closed rides.
That’s likely a miscommunication. I’ve asked, and a good chunk of the time the rides department fails to inform the arrivals area of the closed attractions (as arrivals is in charge putting those signs up).

Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW

vacoasterfan229

cc: 55 - coaster enthusiast
Apr 13, 2022
So i’m not really sure where to put this, but the music in the queues for various rides has been really bothering me. (ex. Griffon, AC, InvadR, Alpengiest,etc) They have been playing generic promotional music on a loop on all of theses rides. My question is what happened to The s oundtracks some of these rides used to have.Not having them really takes away from the experience.

Last edited:

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
InvadR still had their theme music playing as of last Thursday.

I haven't heard AC's theme music in the queue in a long time. Sometimes they'll turn the lift music on.

The other coasters don't have specific theme music. Usually the music coming out of those speakers either comes from the TVs or the generic area music.

vacoasterfan229

cc: 55 - coaster enthusiast
Apr 13, 2022
InvadR still had their theme music playing as of last Thursday.

I haven't heard AC's theme music in the queue in a long time. Sometimes they'll turn the lift music on.

The other coasters don't have specific theme music. Usually the music coming out of those speakers either comes from the TVs or the generic area music.
Last friday InvadrR and Pantheon weren’t playing their soundtracks. And there was not lift music on AC. And all other rides were playing that stupid promotional video. Surprisingly the sound effects were working in verboltens queue house.

Nov 24, 2009
Last friday InvadrR and Pantheon weren’t playing their soundtracks. And there was not lift music on AC. And all other rides were playing that stupid promotional video. Surprisingly the sound effects were working in verboltens queue house.
We rode Invadr at 8:50 on Friday and the music was playing, I didn’t notice it when going into the ride and queue but when we were walking out down the ramp a song started and was loud because the park was so empty and quiet. It was the same music from opening.

Murphy

Silver Donor
Jul 16, 2019
Witnessed a kid just yeet the turtle statue into the fountain. Told the adult he was with that he "pet it and it fell on its own." Should be relatively easy to put back assuming it isn't damaged, tho I'm a bit surprised it seemingly wasn't mounted to the wall in any meaningful way.

View attachment 26832 View attachment 26833
Saw that it was missing this morning, and was wondering where it ended up. Obviously I didn’t look close enough!

Reactions: Furyous Baco 325
Jul 14, 2019
Witnessed a kid just yeet the turtle statue into the fountain, then tell the adult he was with that he "pet it and it fell on its own." Should be relatively easy to put back assuming it isn't damaged, tho I'm a bit surprised it seemingly wasn't mounted to the wall in any meaningful way.

View attachment 26832 View attachment 26833
Kid shoulda been yeeted headfirst into the pool. Would have learned real quick about breaking other peoples shit.

Mar 9, 2021
Last time I was in line for tempesto, they had bagpipe music playing painfully loud. Like so loud I couldn’t hear the rest of my group standing next to me. Seems like it would be such an easy thing to play the right music in each themed country.
Were you there in March? IIRC, they were playing Irish music all over the park for the event.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad