Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be an “All Sorts” well. Anything left over gets dumped in there, beermats, floaters, all of it. Get a shot at a discounted rate, you’ll never know what you’ll get!

It’ll be an “All Sorts” well. Anything left over gets dumped in there, beermats, floaters, all of it. Get a shot at a discounted rate, you’ll never know what you’ll get!
It’ll be like the Grog bowl from any Military Ball, for those familiar

Reactions: Murphy
BGW has a job opening listed as Germany Bar tender.

Important note about it is that based on the wage ($5 and some odd cents), the position is going to rely on tips. Given that people aren't accustomed to tipping at parks, something tells me this is gonna be a rocky transition. Maybe the park is planning to add gratuity to checks automatically...?

Important note about it is that based on the wage ($5 and some odd cents), the position is going to rely on tips. Given that people aren't accustomed to tipping at parks, something tells me this is gonna be a rocky transition. Maybe the park is planning to add gratuity to checks automatically...?
Definitely sounds like a rocky transition especially if they are looking for someone with experience. That means they want an actual trained bartender, not just someone to pout beer, so maybe mixed drinks will be available? Pure hourly pay that will be good for a bartender, but if no one knows to tip that's going to be a mess.

Agreed. We've even encountered resistance from employees in the past when we tipped them for going above and beyond on tastings, etc. One even told us it was a fireable offense. So if that has ever been true, it will take quite some getting used to from guests and employees alike, and I expect turnover would be pretty high if most bartenders aren't getting anything at all.

As @Zachary mentioned, maybe automatic gratuity would be the simplest immediate solution, but hopefully something else comes along.

Also people aren't going to be happy to pay gratuity on already expensive drinks. 2-4 drinks w/ tax & tip could easily hit $100.

i>i⁹
Imo I say that if they are going to encourage Tips they should drop prices in this particular bar
You might be surprised. I tended bar at a summer concert venue it wasn't uncommon for me to walk out with a couple hundred in tips depending on the show. Not quite an apple to apple comparison but our prices were comparable. The biggest concerns I have with this are how slower days are handled where there may not be enough traffic to generate enough tips for proper compensation. The other issue is that this might translate into other team members trying to get tips when it's not appropriate.

I have a feeling this location won't be open often. We've been back to the park a few times since renewing our Stein Club memberships, and the Brauhaus hasn't been open for any of them. Not only have we not been able to collect our steins, this knocks out ~50% of the reason we purchased the membership by taking away over half of the tap options. Luckily they are honoring the cards still. Back to the point that if that location has been closed so often, having a more specialized staff on hand most days of the week won't necessarily make much sense, and even less so if there's nobody around to compensate them on a tip basis.

Something else for them
to advertise an amazing new addition to the park to sucker guests in then slam them
with “parks not busy enough for it to be open today” or “we are short staffed” only for it to never open again……..Is t that right Josephine’s?

Something else for them
to advertise an amazing new addition to the park to sucker guests in then slam them
with “parks not busy enough for it to be open today” or “we are short staffed” only for it to never open again……..Is t that right Josephine’s?
Valid point and also I would wonder how they will manage access to the new bar on very busy days when the space is fairly small inside. The park managed a reservation system back in the AB days when they still did Beer School at two small inside locations at the park. Guess we will find out soon!

Maybe it is an indicator that they plan on running it like an actual bar? Not where you wait in line, get to a register, order beer, walk away but more like you sit down at a bar and there's a bartender and whatnot. Though less efficient, I would LOVE if that is the direction they decided to take with it.

Maybe it is an indicator that they plan on running it like an actual bar? Not where you wait in line, get to a register, order beer, walk away but more like you sit down at a bar and there's a bartender and whatnot. Though less efficient, I would LOVE if that is the direction they decided to take with it.
The place seems a little small for that to work well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad