Big Waves Cause Big Problems in Soak City

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 1, 2012
Well, 2020 is the year of the water park in the Cedar Fair chain.

CGA - New slide complex; new kiddie slide complex/pool; sand play area; remaining Water Park gets a complete makeover with a new entrance. (confirmed)
WOF - Removal of a 35+ year old slide complex (confirmed). To be replaced with ???? in 2020.
CanWon - New cliff jump pool (confirmed)
Dorney - Removal of old kids water activity structure. To be replaced with ???? in 2020.
KD - Big Wave bay to be replaced with ???? in 2020. Any other water park additions in 2020?

Reactions: mtorange
Jul 5, 2017
I really want Cedar Fair to look into water coasters...………..I guess the top level finance guys are like "nah"

Nov 1, 2012
I really want Cedar Fair to look into water coasters...………..I guess the top level finance guys are like "nah"
With the acquisition of 2 of the Schlitterbahn parks, maybe CF will be more open to adding a future water coaster in a CF Water Park. Not sure if it will be in 2020 though.

Jul 22, 2014
Virginia Tech
Carowinds is the most recent Cedar Fair park to have announced their 2020 additions (this morning): Boogie Board Racer (mat racer slide) in Carolina Harbor and Grand Carnivale June 13 - July 5.

Coming in 2020

Also, we know Cedar Point, Dorney Park, and Kings Island will announce today. Could we hear something from Kings Dominion, too?

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2014
Virginia Tech
Sorry for the double post, but we have more announcements.

Dorney Park announced their 2020 addition: Seaside Splashworks, a new beach-themed multi-level play structure

Seaside Splashworks: Coming in 2020

Worlds of Fun announced their 2020 addition: Riptide Raceway (mat racer slide) in Oceans of Fun

Riptide Raceway: Coming in 2020

Michigan's Adventure announced their 2020 addition: Camp Snoopy, 5 new family rides and a newly themed area

Camp Snoopy: Coming in 2020

Both Carowinds'/WOF's mat racer slides and Dorney Park's Seaside Splashworks would make great additions to Kings Dominion's Soak City.

Last edited:

DreamsOfDrachenFire

The brave men didn't kill dragons, they rode them.
Aug 8, 2019
Virginia Beach
So all that's left now is:
Knott's(Flat ride?)
ValleyFair!(Nothing probably 😂 )
Kings Dominion (Water park)
Cedar Point(Flat ride and/or water park addition)
Kings Island (GIGA)

It seems like Cedar Fair devoted most of their 2020 funding into KI's new coaster. And to think that people dare to call it a "budget giga" when not a single other park in the chain is getting a new coaster.(Not to mention no other chain outside CF has a true giga in North America)

Reactions: Hokie305
Mar 16, 2016
I know they likely have their replacement plans in place, but I would take what they did to CW to the 'extreme' here centered around a new mountain for the park. "Cliff diving" area with 3', 6', 8', 12' jumping spots. Some of those in place surf rigs. A water coaster themed to white water rapids. A slide complex. A kayak course. 2 other slides. Attached to a splash zone.

Yes I know how expensive that is. Yes I know how unrealistic that is. But I want 1 water park area to invest in making an extreme water sports area.

DreamsOfDrachenFire

The brave men didn't kill dragons, they rode them.
Aug 8, 2019
Virginia Beach
I know they likely have their replacement plans in place, but I would take what they did to CW to the 'extreme' here centered around a new mountain for the park. "Cliff diving" area with 3', 6', 8', 12' jumping spots. Some of those in place surf rigs. A water coaster themed to white water rapids. A slide complex. A kayak course. 2 other slides. Attached to a splash zone.

Yes I know how expensive that is. Yes I know how unrealistic that is. But I want 1 water park area to invest in making an extreme water sports area.
Better yet, have a "mountain" that is a part of both parks, with different attractions accessible from each and that also acts a gateway between the two parks.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad