Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Yesterday was a decently busy day at the park (a Saturday in the summer) and at noon BfE was a walk on. I wonder what sort of ridership they are seeing?
I think ridreship is going to quickly decline, since people will ride it for the newness but it didn;t seem lik emuch of a come back and ride a bunch attraction to me, the same way DK was, and even DK saw declined ridership. BfE is cool first time around, but it is just eh, and doesn;t grab you the same way something like Corkscrew did. I don;t see it lasting much longer than EITA did especially if they don;t update the technology, since VR tech is progressing quickly.

I think the only thing that will really keep ridership up here is the location, since it is almost the only non-coaster ride on that entire half of the park.

I rode it the same day I saw Spark and it was a full line with a quick 40-45 minute wait so that was nice. And I still think the ride is really fun both the VR and screen versions. If only Ollie had some lines and voiced by Fred Tatasciore then it would be even more cool! ?

Just to be clear, you posted an picture of your friend on the internet with the claim that he was breaking the law?

Out of curiosity, do you believe that the details about your friend getting high in some way added value to your review of the ride?
Yes.

I just rode it and really paid attention to the details, and I must say now that I am past the initial hype of it being VR, it is a quite lackluster ride.

Almost the entire ride consists of flying around, them attempting to capitalize on the coolness factor of the virtual reality. Not to mention the ride itself is super short.

There is a severe lack of a story to it. It all happens so fast, you fly, heart stolen, fly, lgbtq etc. the bad guy, and then it's over.

My final complaint is how limited the motion simulator is. We all know how capable that thing is with it being so aggressive at Corkscrew. It's like they were afraid of motion sickness so instead of limiting the spinning in the graphics, they severely downsized the motion, it barely moves.

I took off my vr for this last ride I just went on and noticed how much clearer the screen is compared to the goggles. The HTC Vive is capable of near perfect graphics, but I feel as though I just watched it on a Samsung Galaxy and not the Vive.

All in all, the ride itself really isn't well executed. It's very short with nothing happening except to show off VR. The highlight of the ride was the homage to the Pooka when the dragon sniffs you.

PS. The rock/pop music in the queue line with all of the advertisements running on the TVs they added absolutely torches the atmosphere of a mystical Ireland.

In summary, I am disappointed in what they thought a good Irish themed attraction means. It feels fake and forced, with no charm.

Still better than EITA

I think anyone who hasn't tried this without the VR is missing out on a decent attraction. It took me a while to decide not to use the headsets, but I am so glad I did. I wouldn't rate it as high as Corkscrew Hill, but I admit that I love the first preshow aside from the poor sound design with only one speaker. I think the first row is the best visually, but the back has the most dynamic motion.

The VR has more issues than I care to explain, but I say give it a try without the VR. Even if it's just "ok," I think it's worth having one more good ride option.

Fun fact: According to a Falcon's Creative executive, the park told Falcon's to shoehorn leprechauns into the story last-minute. That's why the second preshow doesn't fit with the rest of the attraction. Personally, I think removing them from the attraction would improve the flow significantly.

Eire has been down most of the day. When it went down there were 2 cars full and they just walked us through the back entrance. Wish BG did something like Disney and give you a QQ when you have to get off a ride.
They did last year when Invadr was new not sure if they still do but BFE doesn't have QQ if I remember right.

When I went on it a couple days ago there were quite a few seats covered with broken headsets. I wonder if the intricacy of their setup is biting them in the ass or kids are using the headsets as punching bags.

Reactions: deacfan31
Eire has been down most of the day. When it went down there were 2 cars full and they just walked us through the back entrance. Wish BG did something like Disney and give you a QQ when you have to get off a ride.
We got into the park yesterday around 2:15, rose BfE around 2:30. Minimal line. Was it up and down throughout the early afternoon maybe?

We got into the park yesterday around 2:15, rose BfE around 2:30. Minimal line. Was it up and down throughout the early afternoon maybe?
I tried again laterthat evening and was told one side, right, was still having issues. I just walked out because my kids were ready to go and didn't want to risk another long delay.

I tried again laterthat evening and was told one side, right, was still having issues. I just walked out because my kids were ready to go and didn't want to risk another long delay.
Yeah the right side was the side with all the broken headsets when I went.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced this to single theater permanently in the near future. I can't imagine this ride will get much traffic in a season or two.

We rode it last night after returning for consistent 45 wait times. When we decided to ride it, it was backed up to just inside the tunnel.
We did ride the right side theater. Some broken seats were covered with a yellow spandex. They said just don’t sit there.
So, they might have been alternating theaters yesterday. It was a busy ride all day, but I never saw the line get out of the building. Maybe they kept it moving with both theaters operating.

Reactions: Zachary
So am I the only one who never could get the show in focus? Do you suppose it was a bad headset, or just my terrible vision? I finally just had to shut my eyes and wait the whole thing out because it was going to make me violently nauseated. I never had any trouble with the other installations in this ride venue (Corkscrew, EitA).

Reactions: sereniv
The focus is based off of how far the headset is from your eyes, so usually tightening the headset helps a lot. If not, you may have to loosen it to the point where you have to hold it.

The screen is better anyway.

Reactions: BBW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad